So I'm slightly concerned that it's only a month and a half away...

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
...and there's no ticket sale info, no headliner, no real concrete finished details for the show. We're all planning our vacation time to head out, and we don't even have ticket purchasing info.

Yeah, I am sounding a little impatient. I know. Not because I doubt the festival, but because a friend who is coming for the first time this year, is worried that we don't have tickets or the last band yet.

Yeah. I'm bitching here. HAH! DEAL WITH IT BITCHES!!

So if any of you guys can at least tell me which service is selling the tickets, I can at least feel a little more secure.

I'll stop my whining now.

:headbang:

He's got a point ... by being so late in getting things finalized it pretty much limits the number of out of towners that will be flying in. It's looking like Powerfest will have to hope to draw a large local crowd to be a good success.

This was supposed to be a year in which the CPF was to reach new heights, but instead they are pretty much treading water. The venue should be an improvement, and the ticket prices are more reasonable than usual, but the way the card stands now I'd be suprised to see a huge attendance.

The lack of an announcement on a true headliner has been a bit of a fiasco .. not all the fault of the promoters mind you, but seeing that your largest draw should come from that spot it would seem that should be hammered out way in advance.

I have no question that the festival will be well run as usual on show day .. been to the last two, and they have been run very well. Rob, Chris, and John are standup guys who aren't out to screw anyone, so I would expect a final announcement on the headliner, and ticket ordering info to be handed down very, very, soon.

Britt

He's got a point ... by being so late in getting things finalized it pretty much limits the number of out of towners that will be flying in. It's looking like Powerfest will have to hope to draw a large local crowd to be a good success.

This was supposed to be a year in which the CPF was to reach new heights, but instead they are pretty much treading water. The venue should be an improvement, and the ticket prices are more than usual, but the way the card stands now I'b be suprised to see a huge attendance.

The lack of an announcement on a true headliner has been a bit of a fiasco .. not all the fault of the promoters mind you, but seeing that your largest draw should come from that spot it would seem that should be hammered out way in advance.

I have no question that the festival will be well run as usual on show day .. been to the last two, and they have been run very well. Rob, Chris, and John are standup guys who aren't out to screw anyone, so I would expect a final announcement on the headliner, and ticket ordering info to be handed down very, very, soon.

Britt

I agree with all points!

As I said in one of my posts yesterday, we plan to lay all our cards on the table by Monday...but for you impatient ones:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/

All right, I'll be the asshole and ask: Will there be any means of acquiring tickets outside of using Ticketmaster?

This morning I picked up two $25 tickets for the Porcupine Tree show in May, and when all was said and done I'd paid an extra $20 in 'convenience' and processing fees. :rolleyes:

All right, I'll be the asshole and ask: Will there be any means of acquiring tickets outside of using Ticketmaster?

This morning I picked up two $25 tickets for the Porcupine Tree show in May, and when all was said and done I'd paid an extra $20 in 'convenience' and processing fees. :rolleyes:

Yeah, as Britt said, they'll probably be on sale at the Colisseum (that sports bar by the Pearl Room), but also at Metal Haven in Chicago & Impulse Records in Roselle

Also, I suggest you get them in advance since they'll probably cost a few bucks more at the door.

Yeah, as Britt said, they'll probably be on sale at the Colisseum (that sports bar by the Pearl Room), but also at Metal Haven in Chicago & Impulse Records in Roselle

Also, I suggest you get them in advance since they'll probably cost a few bucks more at the door.

Excellent news, Rob... thanks for the update.

Yeah, didn't notice that he was from Chicago and could pick them up in advance without having to deal with online ordering.

That said, picking them up at the door the days of the event would STILL be cheaper than paying Ticketbastard and you also have the satisfaction of knowing none of the money you've spent will end up in their pathetic hands.

Jason

Yeah I think I'll be getting mine at Impulse as well, that place rules I haven't been in there for a while so I'll have to pick up some cds while I'm there.:headbang:

^^^ Geez, I haven't been there in some time and a half then I guess, but I live slightly closer to it where I'm at now. :)

Just visited the Impulse site online and noticed this on the rarities page:

IRON MAIDEN FEAR OF THE DARK $950.00

http://www.impulsemusic.com/rare/

What the... $950.00?! Is that a typo? Are they referring to original US Epic CD release or some sort of import or special edition? Maybe vinyl? Damn, even if it's $95.00 it's still more than I would have expected. I have a copy of that CD (Epic EK 48993). I wonder if it's the one of such great value. :loco:

^^^ Geez, I haven't been there in some time and a half then I guess, but I live slightly closer to it where I'm at now. :)

Just visited the Impulse site online and noticed this on the rarities page:

IRON MAIDEN FEAR OF THE DARK $950.00

http://www.impulsemusic.com/rare/

What the... $950.00?! Is that a typo? Are they referring to original US Epic CD release or some sort of import or special edition? Maybe vinyl? Damn, even if it's $95.00 it's still more than I would have expected. I have a copy of that CD (Epic EK 48993). I wonder if it's the one of such great value. :loco:

Actually if you click on it you can see that it's a promo pack of sorts and only 100 or so were issued. It is a very rare item and unless you are REALLY into collecting that stuff $950.oo is a lot to pay for anything!

Here's the link: http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=8172

Actually if you click on it you can see that it's a promo pack of sorts and only 100 or so were issued. It is a very rare item and unless you are REALLY into collecting that stuff $950.oo is a lot to pay for anything!

Here's the link: http://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/detail.asp?id=8172

:oops: Thanks! Haven't been to the online site in some time and a half as well. I didn't think that could be right for one single CD. :lol:

Up the IRONS!

FYI...Colliseum may have them available as early as tomorrow, but it might be a week or so before Metal Haven or Impulse gets them...we'll let you know when they've been dropped off.