So long Line 6. My Audiobox has you beat.

Robert W

May 13, 2009
For a while now, I've been having trouble w/ both of my L6 devices (UX1/GuitarPort). Kept getting these weird "phantom" electronic noises when using them. This was on my old laptop running Vista. Then, much to my surprise, I continued to get those same weird sounds even after I bought a new desktop that's running Win 7. I tried just about everything to get rid of them too. Changing guitars, cables, USB cables, turning off all electrical appliances, trying every different electrical outlet in the house. Tried all that and still kept getting these same same weird sounds.

I was getting pretty near the end of my rope when I remembered I'd bought a PreSonus Audiobox some time ago. So I plugged it in, DL'd the drivers and you know what? No weird noises. Not a one. Just a clear signal.

It's funny too because I bought the AudioBox NIB off Amazon for $82. I figured for that price I couldn't go wrong, even if I didn't have an immediate need for it.

Looking back, I have to admit that it turned out to be one of the best "impulse" buys I've ever made.

...and if you upgrade to RME one day, you will notice even bigger raise in quality.

At $1,200+, that is not going to be happening in the immediate future.

Can you suggest something in the $200-$300 range that's substantially better than the AudioBox, as the RME stuff is simply way too expensive for me now.