So... tell me what band would you like to see?

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
1) Any period, any band. Max 3 bands

2) What bands have you been missing, you would have liked to go to that gig
but were unable to.

3) What was your favorite special concert?
What made it so special?

MARSHALL LAW, RAINBOW ( DIO ~ Graham Bonnet ) and GENTLE GIANT.

but were unable to.

MARSHALL LAW, GRIM REAPER & IMPELLITTERI. Current GRAVE DIGGER close 4th! Come to England you German bastards!

What made it so special?

Judas Priest Jugulator tour London Astoria 1998, Great performance by whole band, stage outfits, motor bike, set lists all perfect. Great comeback by METAL GODS with new singer.

Things were made better by terrible performance by crap dutch death metal band Gorefest.

1) Led Zeppelin 1975..Knebworth show. Metallica...Puppets tour, Cynic...1994 summer tour, right before they broke up.

2) Iced Earth/Megadeth-October 2001, Dream Theater-two weeks ago, Yes-April 15, 2004. Not up yet, but i KNOW i'm gonna miss it.

3) I got a couple...Dio/Scorpions/Deep Purple-summer 2002...MY FIRST CONCERT. It blew me away. Dio was fabulous, Scorps were bombastic and LOUD and Deep Purple were energetic and LOUDER!!! And i can go around sounding old saying, "yeh, my first concert was Deep Purple...the pot was being passed, i tell ya what!"
My other one was just this October. Helloween/Jag Panzer-October 7, 2003. Concert number 5. I shook hands with Andi Deris, did hat tipping duels with him on stage, he winked at me! I MET Michael Weikath, and he signed my denim jacket, right above my Helloween patch. And i also met all of Jag Panzer, got all their autographs and talked to them for damn near an hour! VERY nice guys!

Good thread, Hawk!

1. The Ramones in about 1978 or so. Got to see them in the early 90's but it wasn't the same.

2. Kiss in about 1975.

3. __________. Fill in the blank with any of those great underground metal bands from the 80's.... like Exciter or Jag Panzer.

2) What bands have you been missing, you would have liked to go to that gig but were unable to.

The only one that pisses me off is the Kiss Dynasty tour. I remember seeing the commercial on tv for the upcoming show but I could not get anyone to take my 10 year old ass to that concert!!! :lol:

3) What was your favorite special concert? What made it so special?

They were all special. One of the coolest ones was the Dio and Accept show (1986). A friend and I went on a whim and ended up getting 7th row center seats!! I can still feel the heat from that dragon. :lol:

Hawk said:

but were unable to.

What made it so special?

1.) Edguy,Symphony X,King Diamond

2.)I had a chance to go see Belladonna but was unable to I was quite disapointed

3.)OverKill at The Saratoga Winners in Ny state April 14 1996 , it was my very first metal show and I will never forget watching Joe Comeu Playing the little Melody at the end of Gasoline Dream The spotlight on just him its my all time favorite concert moment,coming in at a very very close second is when I actually got to meet Overkill :D

Wicked Child said:
1) Led Zeppelin 1975..Knebworth show. Metallica...Puppets tour, Cynic...1994 summer tour, right before they broke up.

I bet Hawk was at that Knebworth show! :D

I saw Metallica open for Ozzy on their Puppets tour. They smoked the old man!!

John Arch. At the very top of my must see bands at the moment.
Arch Enemy. Killer live band or that's what everybody is telling me.
one of my favorite bands together with:
Children of Bodom. I neeeeeeed to see them live!!!!

2) What bands have you been missing, you would have liked to go to that gig but were unable to.

O boy; this is going to hurt. Just after Bonded by Blood was released, Exodus, with Paul Baloff!!! I might add, played at the Dynamo club and I could not go. There was no way in hell I could make it to that gig. :erk:
I NEVER saw Exodus with Paul Baloff!!! That ladies and gentlemen is the greatest regret of my life!

In sept 1981 in Port Vale in the UK there was the Heavy Metal Holocaust festival. On the bill were:

Motorhead

Ozzy with Randy Roads. Randy died in March 1982
I never saw him perform live.

Triumph: never played in continental Europe.

Frank Marino: never played in continental Europe.

Riot with Guy Speranza [my favorite Riot line up] never played in continental Europe with Guy Speranza.

Vardis

I was all set to go: the money, transportation, I had it all aranged.
Then at the last moment it all fell through. I could not go.
All of the above bands were favorites of mine. I really wanted to see them.

The bottom line? If you have the chance to see a gig of a band your really, really like. RAISE HELL but be sure to get there. Before you know it can be too late.

3) What was your favorite special concert? What made it so special?

Scorpions with Schenker at the Effenaar in Feb 1979

JonnyD said:
John Arch Goooooooooooooooooood call man I (For reasons I cant explain) completely forgot about him
Forgot about John Arch!!?? Forgot about John Arch !! ?? WTF how can you FORGET John Arch!!!?? :bah::bah:

Just kidding JonnyD :)

Dio, Virgin Steele, Judas Priest.

any Vicious Rumors show with Carl Albert, same with Thin Lizzy featuring Lynott in 1983, Queensryche on the Mindcrime tour, Rainbow featuring Ronnie, Fates Warning on the No Exit tour, and Sortilège back in 1985-86 :yell:

What made it so special?

I don't think I've got a favorite concert, but the Halford show at Gods of Metal fest' in 2002 was a real highlight for me, as I had waited for this moment for years.

Cool thread Hawk :headbang:

1. Tygers of Pan Tang (Spellbound Lineup 1981)
Arch Enemy
Iced Earth
2. Two this year: Dragonforce at the Underworld
Arch Enemy at the Mean Fiddler
And from a couple of years ago : Nazareth/Uriah Heap/Stray at Portsmouth Pyramids. (Oh, and Pretty much every Wacken ever. )
3. Favourite/most special concert: Judas Priest at Aston Villa Leisure cenre on the Painkiller tour. One of the best nights of my life ever and the abiding image is Rob Halford reclining on the stage set, clawing at the girders during Nightcrawler. Oh, and ducking out of the pit to get my breath back and some bloke saying"get back in there wimp" and throwing me back in again...

1.) laaz rockit
coroner
abbatoir

2.)gig I missed, thrash of the titans!!! now that hurts!!

3.) the only special concert I have gone to is exodus tempo release party.
It was special because it was going to be in the upcoming dvd and it was a release party! the band members were walking around greeting us after the show.

1. Evergrey
2. Blood Red Throne
3. Graveworm

I have missed Iron Maiden more times than I can count. It's amazing the circumstances that come together that prevent me from going. I WILL see them, though.

Best ever concert: Judas Priest with Testament and Megadeth on the Painkiller tour. Before we even got inside the doors, some hot girl pulled up her skirt, yanked her panties aside, and peed on the sidewalk in front of everyone. The show only went uphill from there. It was a phenominal show.

Hawk said:

but were unable to.

What made it so special?
1) Thin Lizzy(1976 or 1983), Black Sabbath (especially with Dio), Iron Maiden (World Slavery Tour)

2) I missed (due to several different circumstances): Saxon, Nightwish, Helloween, Rata Blanca, Masterplan, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Yes, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Alice Cooper

3) Rick Wakeman with the New English Rock Ensemble, plus Adam Wakeman. The concert was flawless, Rick went down the stage and walk the aisle of the theatre while playing and I was there next to him. Adam and the guitar player walk on the balcony edge while dueling. In the end for the encore they took people from the audience to play percussion instruments and Ingrid (a friend was among them), we were like crazy that night!
The guys were awsome signing albums and stuff after the concert (somebody even took a picture of me and the bass player, but I can't remember who :lol:). Most professional, complete, warm, excellent concert I've been.

1)
- KISS on the Creatures of The Night tour with Vinnie & Eric (preferrably the Rio shows!)
- Motley Crue any time in the '80s
- Poison back on the strip pre-Look What The Cat Dragged In!

2) All the "hair band" package tours that happen in the US that I miss because I live in Australia. Whitesnake/Dokken one last year, the Poison ones, etc.

3) KISS Farewell Tour - Melbourne 2001 second night (2nd night was the 1st to go on sale, when they added a 2nd show they put it the night before). I was on the floor and 1 metre from Paul Stanley.

And in good news.... I just bought floor tickets this morning to see Kiss again! May 13th is the date of the show! The concert sold out in 15 minutes so they've already added a 2nd show and no doubt a 3rd one will be added sometime next week too (they always sell out 3 quickly in Melbourne).

Dio - Sacred Heart tour in a huge arena with his full light show
Accept - Metal Heart or Russian Roulette tour
Metal Church - Mike Howe era

but were unable to.

Metal Church - Blessing in Disguise tour Atlanta Ga. (had pink eye)
Accept - Metal Heart tour Atlanta Ga. (too young and too poor)

What made it so special?

Dio - he Last in Line tour Columbus Georgia. Any man that slays a mechanical dragon with a laser sword on stage in Columbus Georgia is damend near a God. Incredible concert. Best light show I have ever seen by far.

Bryant