So the new GHOST album......

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so it is up on YOUTUBE in full (Less one song for some reason that is blocked).

I just finished it. I must admit it is better than expected but not AS catchy as the debut....

I am semi tempted to go up to Milwaukee on May 15 to see them.

Since they are doing Lollapalooza they will not be playing Chicago anytime soon.
(Lollapalooza rules prohibit their bands from playing a certain number of miles within Chicago for a specified period of time, unless its another Lollapalooza related event).

Anyhow, I am thinking I might have to pick this one up....

Anyone else hear the full thing yet? Thoughts?

Had it in my hands yesterday but put it back.....
Just have a feeling it would be one I spin a couple times and that's it.

I am sure there will be used copies floating around soon enough...

Had it in my hands yesterday but put it back.....
Just have a feeling it would be one I spin a couple times and that's it.

Probably. I expect a fair amount of backlash from people upset at not getting Opus Eponymous II. I can already tell I'll be listening to this one a lot, at least until the new Leprous comes out.

Well, I think the 20 somethings will be most upset because this was almost "Their band"
Kind of like the same kids who got their panties in an uproar when In Solitude toured with Down. LOL.....

I really like the first disc still and want to give this one more of a chance.

Okay, listened to it on Youtube. I actually like it, though not as consistent as the first and WAY different. I will probably pick this up as I have a feeling it is going to be a grower. I especially dig "Monstrance Clock."

I love the debut but after listening to most of the new one on youtube I was a little disappointed. I think it is good, but the only song that really grabbed me right away was Monstrance Clock. Also, the lead single has too many carnival sounding keyboards.

I was thinking that as well, but does that even happen anymore? I mean, nowadays anyone can hear an entire album before buying it so I imagine most people are buying it because they actually like it.

I love the debut but after listening to most of the new one on youtube I was a little disappointed. I think it is good, but the only song that really grabbed me right away was Monstrance Clock. Also, the lead single has too many carnival sounding keyboards.

I was thinking that as well, but does that even happen anymore? I mean, nowadays anyone can hear an entire album before buying it so I imagine most people are buying it because they actually like it.

I think they wanted to do something very different this time. As Justin hinted on Facebook, it's actually quite a progressive album with a mix of song structures. It's definitely one you have to soak up.

Hmm.
I'm actually really starting to come around to this album. Most of the individual songs aren't as strong as the ones on Opus, but the album as a whole is pretty cool. Monstrance Clock is a killer track.

Hmm.
I'm actually really starting to come around to this album. Most of the individual songs aren't as strong as the ones on Opus, but the album as a whole is pretty cool. Monstrance Clock is a killer track.

Yeah, pretty much as I expected. Figured this is a grower. I just think there's a lot more to take in, whereas the first album was to the point.

I had this one playing quite a bit on a recent road trip, and am pretty much in awe of it at this point. It's not the easy, catchy, gimmicky fun of the debut, but it's still a brilliant album.