So what are the chances we get an announcement before 2/12?

I think it was Chris or Rob that said last week or so that the 7th or the 12th was going to be the final cut off day for announcements. I could be wrong but I am sure thats what was said. Though they may push it back becuase of the "BIG" Ozzfest announcement tomorrow.:lol: :lol: :lol: And they dont want thier thunder stopped by that.

Uh, he's kind of dead. It's pretty hard to perform when you're taking a dirt nap.

Britt

Why is that such a challenge? The Rolling Stones are all half dead and they still tour the world every year.....
Damn excuses!!!!
(And by the way, before anyone has a hissy-fit, I did know Layne passed away)

AiC - Layne = Not AiC

Zod

Except for the AIC songs that JC sang ;)

Anyhow, JC's solo band is damn good. I have to imagine he played some AIC songs when he did his tours. I didn't see AIC when they came through though recently. I love the band. But since I don't go to shows often, I wasn't going to go see a show where it would have felt almost wrong without Lane up there.

Sure many bands survive post singers. Black Sabbath did it. And Ozzy was a big part of their sound. But the band changed to fit the new singer. If AIC puts out a new album fine, but just doing the old material with a 'new' singer seems wrong.

Zod is a Prog Power kind of guy,though I think he is into stuff like Primordial as well.........
I'd genuflect in Rob and Chris' general direction if it was Primordial. Primordial would also create an instant RoyalCarnage gathering.

I am a ProgPower guy. But these days, I buy a lot more extreme metal than Prog and Power.

Zod

I'd genuflect in Rob and Chris' general direction if it was Primordial. Primordial would also create an instant RoyalCarnage gathering.

I am a ProgPower guy. But these days, I buy a lot more extreme metal than Prog and Power.

Zod

Ok, so I have NOTHING to go on now.... :lol:
I am not going to guess anything at this point..

Except for the AIC songs that JC sang ;)

Anyhow, JC's solo band is damn good. I have to imagine he played some AIC songs when he did his tours. I didn't see AIC when they came through though recently. I love the band. But since I don't go to shows often, I wasn't going to go see a show where it would have felt almost wrong without Lane up there.

Sure many bands survive post singers. Black Sabbath did it. And Ozzy was a big part of their sound. But the band changed to fit the new singer. If AIC puts out a new album fine, but just doing the old material with a 'new' singer seems wrong.

I was at the Chicago warm-up show AiC played at Metro last spring. I've seen a lot of shows in that venue, but I've never heard a crowd go that wild for anyone.

Cantrell had some guitar issues, and a seemingly idiotic tech that the crowd looked ready to kill, but other than that they were very tight. William Duvall isn't Layne Staley, and I didn't really want him to be. He was faithful to the spirt and the style of the songs, and sounded quite good when paired with Cantrell. Most of all, he was incredibly humble and respectful, if not reverent. When he first spoke to the crowd he alluded to the tour as "The Finish What We... no, Finish What They Started Tour." It didn't seem canned, corny, or contrived, but sincere.

In my opinion, AiC could easily go forward with him on vocals, and it would be a shame if they didn't record some new material. AiC would never reach the commercial heights of AC/DC, but I think they have their Brian Johnson in William Duvall.