So what do you guys think of the new In Flames album?

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
hmm...I think it is their best release but I'm not sure if it's my favourite though. :hotjump:

I know this isn't supposed to be on the dt forum either...but come on let's get some new topics for a change...you guys keep posting on the same old threads over and over. BTW, the keyboards in "My Sweet Shadow" (especially the intro part) sounds like it would fit perfectly in Damage Done album.

Cheers!
SM

no need to justify yourself for this thread, metal17, it was just a matter of time after all. :p

i will post my opinion and a review of the record as soon as i have some more time, which might not be that soon...

have 2 agree wit U rahvin, just a matter of time ;) & also, in flames them self don't actually have a message board :erk: just sum dodgey guaestbook that is completely useless :( NEway, so its good then metal17, hmmmmm, havnt actually got it yet myself (went 2 the store 2 buy it & they didnt hav it :bah: so cant really pass coment on it, but from wat i hear its 1 of those albums that ur either gonna luv or completely hate :loco: i doubt tho that its gonna be NE btr then Reroute or the jester race (but i can B wrong quite often :loco: )

well, we've always had our share of in flames praising/bashing/comparing and especially bitching about how badly they behaved towards fans when they took the board down. it's something we're pretty accustomed to, like when during christmas dinner at some point someone will mention the embarrassing uncle who started acting wacky and was put into that oh-so-very-comfortable home for nutty people. :)

I wasn't exactly being mean, atleast i dont think so? :err: I don't really like In Flames, but i'm just saying the new album IMO sounds much like reroute2remain, just a "little" different. I guess if you liked that album, you will like this one too, and vice versa. :p

:erk: im rly sry Villain i ad no idea my shrt hand eng was tht anoyin, my bad, sry :loco: i'm sorry Villain, couldn't help myself :( hehe, i'm just playing :D ok, from now on i promise i will use proper english and none of this short hand stuff that has become quite popular over here in england :)

DeepInMisery said:
I wasn't exactly being mean, atleast i dont think so? :err: I don't really like In Flames, but i'm just saying the new album IMO sounds much like reroute2remain, just a "little" different. I guess if you liked that album, you will like this one too, and vice versa. :p

So you are saying it's just as worthless pile of manure than
anything else they have released since Whoracle?
Figures.

Oh, did I mention I don't much like In Flames?
Or the fact that they are mentioned on this board, even if
they have a common background?

I liked "Reroute To Remain" and I like "Soundtrack To Your Escape". At the moment though, I think "Whoracle" is the best album yet. Just my $0.02...

Tranquillian said:
I think it is a decent to good album. Anders lyrics are getting better but the music is not.
Odd, I'd say the exact opposite. I kinda liked the older lyrics for their DT-esque abstract/confusing/what is he singing about? nature. And I think it kinda ruins a song I've really grown to like the sound of to give it a honestly moronic title - i.e. Evil in a Closet. I don't actually have the album, but I've had the songs for about the past two weeks, and listened to very little else. I have to say, it's a definite improvement over R2R, but its just not the same band. They went a kind of Soilwork/more industrial path recently, and I kinda enjoy it a bit, although this album definitely does a better job of it than R2R.

So far, I really love EiaC and My Sweet Shadow.

~Kov. Just my $0.02

The Quiet Place has some potential. It could have been good with another arrangement/heavier sound. The album as a whole is boring.