So, where does Novembre stack up in your favorties list?

Black Dragon

Longest Here
Apr 29, 2001
Your Remains Shall Decorate My Home...
Its at the top for me, not only b/c they kill musically but b/c Carmelo is one very cool guy. He is the only musician of a favorite band of mine that I have corresponded with besides Buck Dharma of Blue Öyster Cult, and what I mean is stuff like "btw, hows the weather in your area" ect.

I like Novembre as much if not more than Opeth. They just have the extra gothish element that seals the deal for me. Plus I like Carmelo's clean vocals more than mike's.

i prefer opeth over novembre at this stage... i think the opeth discography is more soild..

it depends what novembre bring on with their next albums to see if they can cahnge my mind

shit thats a hard question, its definately between opeth and novembre. Opeth are just machines that keep making awesome musik but im really into the atmopsherical shit that is Novembre and opeths fist 4 albums. Opeth is a lot more dynamic than novembre though. i like Carmelo's clean vox better and his screams slay me but mikaels death vox own.
Opeth r better guitar players and make better riffs i guess but giusseppe's drumming rips the pits.
Altogether...............tie, 2 hard to make a decison
lol, sorry 4 wasting all your time

Black Dragon said:
What is forest Stream like?
I don't recommend Forest Stream, found it quite boring, meandering or plodding (choose one)
Vocally there is no comparison for me, Mikael, rules the roost!
But Novembre is a fantastic band, and would definitely rank highly, but would have a hard time knocking out Opeth or Katatonia.

Also try Agalloch, awesome stuff!!

Novembre is somewhere around the 3rd/4th spot. In comparison to Opeth I think they are much more melancholic but not as "spectacular"

Black Dragon said:
Its at the top for me, not only b/c they kill musically but b/c Carmelo is one very cool guy. He is the only musician of a favorite band of mine that I have corresponded with besides Buck Dharma of Blue Öyster Cult, and what I mean is stuff like "btw, hows the weather in your area" ect.

I like Novembre as much if not more than Opeth. They just have the extra gothish element that seals the deal for me. Plus I like Carmelo's clean vocals more than mike's.

what a hard question...uh, hm. jeeze top 5 with opeth, agalloch, green carnation/in the woods, iron maiden.

yeah.

I agree with most of these posts. In my humble opinion, I found novembre's sound to be much more acessible than opeth's... it took me 1year, listening vaguely to opeth's blackwater park to be able to understand the whole concept behind opeth's music and start to like it. It took me just the music 'flower' and 'my starving bambina' of novembre to forget my previous all-bands-favorite-band which was the portuguese Sacred Sin.

Regarding the vocalists of both bands, they're too different, on the growls.. I prefer the softish ones novembre' vocalist makes. As for the harmonious and clean voices, it's rather complicated to choose which one is best... However, novembre in some tunes sounds a bit like his voice is dying or that he's suffering through pain, it seems an unintentioned lack of singing skills... or so it seems...

Just my 2cents for 2 of the best bands in the world.

Cheers,
MorningStar

mine are changing a lot but novembre are at the top.
I hate opeth.
but the top usually involve novembre, burzum and Pink Floyd