So Whitney Houston is dead.

While this is sad, everyone who was a fan of hers and saw through the media all her dirty laundry, saw this coming. She had too many leeches and enablers around her to really make a break and clean herself up. In reality, she needed to get away from the cesspool that was the pop scene and align herself with the T.D. Jakes and Bishop Winans and go full tilt Gospel. Now, Whitney's voice is silenced, but not the memories of her early greatness. May she find the peace in death that she was never allowed to have in life. RIP.

While I was not a fan of the music, she did have an amazing voice. I still remember seeing her performance on the Grammy awards, whatever that big hit of hers was. She came out, like a boss, and I think left most of that place stunned.

I'm not even into all that tabloid celebrity stuff, but even I'm not surprised things went this way. Addiction is a bitch. RIP.

I don't think it's possible for anyone to say Whitney's voice wasn't some kind of magical. Fan or not. And don't pretend you don't know "I will always love you" ... everyone knows that song.

As a kid in the 90's, I actually learned a lot by listening to Whitney. As a singer, she was inspirational. If you couldn't hit notes or control your voice to her level, you didn't have shit, so she was something to aspire to. I still study her technique. Not a pop or RnB fan myself, but you can't deny her strength or control.