SODOM for Powerfest??

Please no SODOM for powerfest. they wont draw shit in the states.

Dude, you like Destruction and Kreator, but NOT Sodom?

Secondly, it's not always about the draw.

Thirdly, Sodom would draw a niche crowd that most likely has not attended Powerfest previously.

"It's going to be a Nuclear Winter!!!!!!!" :kickass:

Oh, I would definitely prefer Destruction over Sodom, though Destruction has done a couple US tours already.

Furthermore, Sodom has never played Chicago.
There was a planned Slayer / Sodom date for the Metro in 86 that never came to pass.

SODOM would not draw shit. this US tour better have some great opener or else they will be playing for 50 people each night. I never got into Sodom. Heard a bunch of songs back in the 80's but they never clicked for me. I loved Kreator the most out of the german thrash, then Tankard then Destruction. I think Sodom at Powerfest would be like having Athiest play again.

I agree with Bob while I wasnt there this year I dont think that Sodom would draw that much. If Sodom did play I wouldnt expect to see even co-headlining.

Not to mention the fact that Destruction and most importantly Kreator are way better than Sodom.

How do you guys know how Sodom would draw?
Unlike Atheist, they have been active consistently since they began.
Not saying they alone would equal a sellout, but most importantly, they would bring a crowd of people that have not previously come to a Powerfest.
Personally, I think that should be taken into serious consideration when planning the 2008 line-up.

I am not really sure how they would draw necessarily, but I am just saying its not like I hear a lot of "buzz" about them anymore. Apparently they played some kind of special 25th Anniversary concert at Wacken with old band members and stuff. Now you would think that would have been a more highly publicized thing, I didnt know anything about it. Did anyone else?

Sodom are one of those bands that people go..."oh yeah...they are STILL around?" or you can find thier discography in any used CD bin.

Yeah, but that goes for Overkill, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Destruction, Kreator, etc, etc....

Just saying it would bring in a different crowd.

I am no fanboy, and it's not like my life will not be complete if I don't ever see them live. I was just throwing it out there.

I assume Rob and Chris' silence on this means they have no clue who the fuck Sodom are nor do they care. (Me guesses a little of both.. :lol:)

Yeah, but that goes for Overkill, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Destruction, Kreator, etc, etc....

Just saying it would bring in a different crowd.

To go on this statement let me give you an idea of possibly how much bigger and more of a draw Kreator is over Sodom.

I saw Kreator in Kansas only 30 mins from me, and we never ever get tours here unless it is some kind of MTV Metal band (LoG, In Flames, CoB, bands that get lots of exposure) and they sold out a 400 person venue in Kansas on a Friday night. I personally was expecting about less than 100, but the attendance was great not to mention the energy.

So I would think that the attendance for Sodom would be much smaller, maybe this is just me. Also I am not trying to be a dick I just want to make everyone sees both sides.

PS I wouldnt mind seeing Sodom, its not that I dont like them there are just a lot of other bands I would like to see.

I never said Kreator wasn't more popular than Sodom.
Kreator has done numerous tours of the states since the mid-80's, plus has had various videos played over the years of Headbanger's Ball.

This really isn't the point though.