Sol Invictus

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
Some time ago, I heard "Kneel to the Cross" because of the Agalloch cover and pretty much hated it. Now, I've downloaded "Sheath and Knife" off the "Death of the West" album and I absolutely love this. Some of the most moving music I've heard recently... So, is anyone here familiar enough with the band to tell me which recordings are in the style of this and where/if they're available?

Well http://www.equilibriummusic.com/ has a bunch of Sol Invictus releases for sale (as well as many other related bands). Not the 2 albums you mentioned though. I believe they have a LOT of stuff out though. They're not the cheapest, but I don't think you'll find stuff like this really cheap anyway.

I can't give you any recommendations, as I've only heard random MP3s. While I thought the music itself was excellent, those atrocious vocals just put me off further investigating them. I probably will do one day though.

You didnt like the cover of Kneel to the Cross? I thought that was the best song on OSWAP personally. As for Sol Invictus I cant say Ive heard much of them either. The songs that I have heard the vocals didnt bother me though.

Some time ago, I heard [the original] "Kneel to the Cross" because of the Agalloch cover and pretty much hated it [the original].

HTH :) I love the cover.

Of Stone, Wind and Pillor was my first exposure to Agalloch. I bought it 'cause the cover looked nice, a year or two ago, and I think "Kneel to the Cross" was the first song that really jumped out at me. I never checked out Sol Invictus... what's a bit of a description of them?