Some news about the new N.G album

:headbang:

ngt_s.jpg

The comment about it being less prog and more rock than Alive Again is a bit...hmmm, I don't know what to say. My personal opinion is TCC and I were when Nightingale was at its most dark prog rock phase and I love them. TCC had better writing, Nightingale had better "group feel". Alive Again was a much welcome change of style with Dan and Dag going for a more concise sound. The number of choruses and catchy songs was definitely more than the first three Nightingale stuff combined. However, I thought anything more "commercial" (for lack of a better term) than Alive Again would be a bit of too big a departure from the core of Nightingale. I always considered Nightingale Dan's prog rock side. It's cool with songs like "Shadowman" we had longer and melodic solos but a more rock version? Well, I'm not sure. I think Alive Again is a great record, but do we need another hard rock CD with little prog touches only? I somehow like it better when the backbone of the music is prog and it's branced out with touch of classic/hard rock elements. That is why "Eternal" is my favourite track off of that CD. Just my opinion.

Of course it's the musicians' decision, but I am just pointing out my opinion. And my opinion is that Nightingale's prog side is -to me- much more intriguing than their hard rock side, and I'd like them better if they headed more towards that direction. Ever crossed anyone's mind that Alive Again was their most formulaic release to date? We all heard many melodic hard rock discs in that vein in the 80's, whereas there's no other TCC like album. Guess Dan and Dag are fine with their fans offering their opinions.

In my opinion, Alive Again still has the same Nightingale spirit as the other three albums! Dan has always said that Nightingale was the band where he just made the kind of music he was feeling at the time. Of course that's going to change, but we know he has prog in his heart, with all the Rush and Marillion influence, and even if it's less proggy than TCC and I, it's going to have some of those elements. Plus, it's Dan, so it's going to be great \m/

And maybe Second Sky will become Dan's prog band, so Nightingale can be his hard rock band :D

"To prog or not to prog" that´s the question. I think the new songs are "prog" enough. Dan and I tried to do a real prog project right after "I" but i didnt´t work that well. Parts of "Eternal" came of it and that´s nice. We don´t have a similar taste in what progrock is but we have when it comes to good ol´ hardrock and N.G is a band nowdays ( even if some people still see it as a Dan Swanö project ) The mood of TCC was something that came out of the circumstances that surronded the recording and can never be repeated. That album is really great but you have to do what feels right a the moment

I don't really dig prog unless it's total prog.. like early KC albums or early Camel albums or Banco del Mutuo Soccorso or the like...

So...

Dag...

Let's rock!!