some nice news for joeymusicguy

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I was in my local music store to buy me the new comebackkid and the new a day to remember and then I saw it.

They sell this christian metalcore band you did, with the same name like this terrible movie.

the devil wears prada.

Man I live in Hamburg, Germany do you know that your CD is sell over the world man.

When I would be you i would become a real big cock now:)

Pretty sure he's saying that a CD produced by one of our forumites was for sale in a music store in Germany. Which is pretty awesome :)

I think it was the last line he was questioning :D.....I have to admit it left me confused as well.

Either that or something about this is getting him rather aroused! :D

Oh son of a bitch, the Devil Wears Prada live like ten minutes from me. Those guys are uh... no comment :lol:

to each their own, everyone has their opinoin

i think i brought the best out of the band, which is the job of a producer

thanks for the recognition. im doing about 3 or 4 world wide releases this year as well.

I was in my local music store to buy me the new comebackkid and the new a day to remember and then I saw it.

They sell this christian metalcore band you did, with the same name like this terrible movie.

the devil wears prada.

Man I live in Hamburg, Germany do you know that your CD is sell over the world man.

When I would be you i would become a real big cock now:)

nah screw that man, i just love recording and producing, its my passion

I think it was the last line he was questioning :D.....I have to admit it left me confused as well.

Either that or something about this is getting him rather aroused! :D

I think thta's because the german "become" means "to get" so we germans often use "to become" when we actually mean "to get"...
I'm sure Gabriel wanted to say he'd get a boner ;)

after reading my post I dont realy know what it mean by my self:)

Bear....But I wanted to say, that it is amazing that some dude of this forum
become a big number.(I know there is Andy, colin, Hansen)

what are those releases your talking about?

best regrads

(and about the band, I´ve alot to do with straight edge vegan people so I know something about it.this is something to compare with the christian metal thing. THis hole christian thing is a little bit strange?I think you could make deathmetal without singing in the chorus how great god is)
It didnt fit together in my opinion. I have no problems with christian or so but it seams so strange.

The same with underoath. Nice band but too christian.....

hey joey do you master those cd's yourself or do you send to a mastering engineer?

Just curious how you go about those bigger albums you do:headbang:

hey joey do you master those cd's yourself or do you send to a mastering engineer?

Just curious how you go about those bigger albums you do:headbang:

i didnt get to master the tdwp one
the music industry is weird, the label just made a decision and i wasnt even considered? it was odd

but i've been contacting labels before the production starts, explaining that i will master the cd (because usually i want to, its the other dude that usually screws my work up). so finally i am in control of those sort of things.

if its a really big client, i'll send them to west west side and get it done for sure right.

but i usually master everything i produce, because i have a sound vision even before pre production.

after reading my post I dont realy know what it mean by my self:)

Bear....But I wanted to say, that it is amazing that some dude of this forum
become a big number.(I know there is Andy, colin, Hansen)

what are those releases your talking about?

best regrads

(and about the band, I´ve alot to do with straight edge vegan people so I know something about it.this is something to compare with the christian metal thing. THis hole christian thing is a little bit strange?I think you could make deathmetal without singing in the chorus how great god is)
It didnt fit together in my opinion. I have no problems with christian or so but it seams so strange.

The same with underoath. Nice band but too christian.....

i think you pretty much have the wrong impression. they're christian yes, because that is all of their life styles. most of their songs are poetic and metaphoric. they rarely make direct references to religion in their lyrics, its more poetic than anything. they have several songs that have nothing to do with faith or god or even love. but they do write songs about religion. and sometimes the words being said can sound funny if taken out of context, but they make it work in the song because they write from feel and flow, not idea or subject/topic.

they write what they feel, and what comes out sells pretty well (over 20,000 in the states so far, which isnt bad since august).

i personally dont 100% believe in religion or god, but i dont pass judgment on those who do. i liked the project, and im just glad to be a part of something as big as it is. i pretty much walked out of my past job saying, im going to become a producer, and it happened. no schooling, no training. just did it my way. and now its on the shelves.

anyways, be on the look out for these releases:

(death / metal core) From The Shallows - May 2007 Tribunal Records
(death metal / metal) At The Throne of Judgment - Summer 2007 Rise Records
(pop / rock) Before Their Eyes - May 2007 Rise Records
(christian hardcore) The Devil Wears Prada - Fall 2007 Rise Records

and hopefully something else for tribunal, and maybe something on counterstrike records (kevin talley's new label). i can only hope i get to do something for victory or solid state records some day. i would say metalblade, but thats something you seriously dont want to jinx your self over.

:headbang:

I just wanted to throw out to JoeyMusicGuy that I hope he didn't take my comments the wrong way, I haven't even heard their album. I've just met them a few times, my opinion has nothing to do with the music.

me too, nothing about the music, great metal-death-emo-core...
This wave of christian metal und hardcore feels like a sect to me.

And I´m a christ myself. I dont go to church but I know what I was teached and I support alot of things written in the bible.....

But in my personal way and not in my hardcore band....

Nothing more to say about it.

And joey, its amazing how things go for you. Great luck for the future

I realy like the sound of your works