Some norwegian thrash! Feedback wanted!

Cool song, and cool solo indeed. I am not in love with the snare though. The snare doesn't sound bad, but its not what I would prefer, a bit dry for my taste.

Hm, thanks! Ill try what you are saying! The fucking guitars are the biggest problem! I love the sound of them, but they have NO attac and sounds eighter like a box or too scooped.. gah! I think its because I used the POD xt rectifier patch through the USB! and them reamped them through the USB again.. it sucks.. Cause Im using a ESP Kirk hammet signature with EMG 81 and my playing HAS attac.. must be something else (I hope :p). I also recorded the song using 2 tracks of 5150 and 2 track and a dual rectifier through a mesa v30 cab friedmanstyle miccing! But Ill have to play around with it cause it sounds terrible! :p

Actually, I like the snare! It has a great attac that matches the really bright kick, but Ill try to add some abience kinde stuff to it a see what happens!

A lack of midrange will tend to take away from the attack of a guitar sound. I'd sweep through the midrange with a pretty significant EQ boost, see where the "Sweet Spot" where you can hear the pick hitting the strings is, and work from there. Or, reamp again with more mids and do EQ cuts to remove "boxiness".

Yup, Ill reamp the guitars and try some post eqing! I tried to just back off the gain alot and it really helped! goddamn, Ive been overgaining my guitars all this years! :p I should have known.. its 5 track separat tracks of guitar = too much gain!

I hope you post some clips after you're done. The tunes themselves are really cool. Actually, if it were 1990, your previous guitar tone would have been pretty standard.

Don't hear a huge difference. Guitars are a bit clearer in the new mix that's it. Maybe it's just my ears that are tired. "v2" is the new version right ?

Anyway you can't go wrong with the "less gain, more mids" thing, but i still find it too gainy. Did you change the amount of gain and mids DRASTICALLY or just a bit ? If it was just a bit i'd suggest you to change it a bit more again.

"I also boosted the guitars a bit around 1800hz to get more attack." >I'd not have done this but if it works for you, well...

Just my 2 cent though

Yeah, it was just a bit, cause they sounded really ugly by them self so I didnt dare to back of the gain more than I did! :) Also just a tiny bit more mids, really small changes. I boosted were I could hear the pick hitting the strings, but only just a tiny bit a well!

Ill try to reamp again with even less gain!

Yeah, it was just a bit, cause they sounded really ugly by them self so I didnt dare to back of the gain more than I did! :) Also just a tiny bit more mids, really small changes. I boosted were I could hear the pick hitting the strings, but only just a tiny bit a well!

Ill try to reamp again with even less gain!

ok

and maybe more mids also :)