• You suck at life.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Elysian893

Dethklok
Oct 4, 2003
Plano, TX
Visit site
the random mullet thread got me figuring i should post some of my stuff... don't worry, it sucks, so you won't break my heart telling me that, been playing about 9 years now, riffs are my thing, i'm not some incredible shred god, i merely get by... so heres a couple of my more recent songs...

Nov. 16th Riff Reworked

this is one i redid recently and put on my audition cd for ozzy(still haven't heard anything about that, the baystids)

July 10th Riff

heres another i recorded recently, although i've been jamming it more and play it a little bit different, a few more gallops in it on the first riff, to match with the drums... also sent this on the ozzy audition cd(the baystids)

Pestilition Hammence
this is one i did when i really getting into pestilence and demolition hammer, hence the title, pestilition hammence... had a lot of fun writing this song

Mellow Redone
this is one of the first songs i've ever done, although i redid it last year, and put that big doom metal growl on the beginning... that growl is all me, no pitch shifters etc, just a bit of reverb, and panning...

Bit Off More Than He Could Chew
this is another i did recently, for musicianwar.com, a noob on the site told me i didn't know what i was doing, and challenged me to a grudge match, so i cranked this out and whipped his ass... and thats it for now...

Wow those are really good! Are you currently in a band?

Southern Belle in Hell said:
Wow those are really good! Are you currently in a band?
no, i had a bit of a fallout with my last band after we opened for reunion lineup testament... lots of things, but it basically boiled down to they weren't as dedicated to the band as i was, and i was the one who joined them, not vice versa...

also, out of the full year i was with them, the only thing they ever used from me was nov. 16th riff, and that was our frigging intro song... thats all i was worth to them, a cool intro...

they were basically a "we wish we were slayer" band, and i don't even like slayer, so i guess its good i left, although when i joined, they wanted to go more in the direction of Death, which was my main influence at the time, and funny enough, they never went the way they wanted to go...

oh, and thanks for the comment :headbang:

Well there's this saying....when it rains it pours....hopefully things work out for the best, for you. :) Oh, and Death STILL owns!!;) :headbang:

Southern Belle in Hell said:
Well there's this saying....when it rains it pours....hopefully things work out for the best, for you. :) Oh, and Death STILL owns!!;) :headbang:
yeah, thats pretty true... i might be going to work in japan for 2 years, when i come back i'll be starting up a new band... until then i'm going to keep writing... my friend kris(lead guitarist of darkest hour) has already told me when i start something new up, to let him know and he'd help me out as much as he can... its nice to know people in the industry

Noble Viking said:
I'm too drunk and tired to listen to those clips right now, but I was wondering what you were planning on doing in Japan and are you serious about it?
i've already got the job, its the same thing i'm doing now, lead technician for the navy/marine corp intranet project, and i'm definately serious about it, they are gonna pay per diem, so basically its take home pay while i'm there

dude @ You suck at life, Dont be so hard on yourself, that was realy stupid thing to put on there. Id say its so,so but you also have to remeber you can never quit your dayjob for metal unless your a fucking malmsteen or a vai :p or alexi with a rich dady :p

DeathPact said:
dude @ You suck at life, Dont be so hard on yourself, that was realy stupid thing to put on there. Id say its so,so but you also have to remeber you can never quit your dayjob for metal unless your a fucking malmsteen or a vai :p or alexi with a rich dady :p
lol i was the one who voted for you suck at life :headbang:

Elysian893 said:
i've already got the job, its the same thing i'm doing now, lead technician for the navy/marine corp intranet project, and i'm definately serious about it, they are gonna pay per diem, so basically its take home pay while i'm there

Hey, my uncle's in the Navy right now and he's stationed in Japan. I know a thing or two about that if you'd like to to discuss. These navy guys were coming to house to get me to join because I registered as a Japanese major and they wanted to use me as a translator because of the shit going on in N. Korea right now. If you'd like to know a lot about the country, culture and language there, then just give write me a message here or via PM.

BodomiC said:
cool :) nice timing with those riffings :p

btw whats your gear and setup for recordings? cuz thats not so bad att all in quality
guitar on some of these is my Jackson RR5 with dimarzio x2n bridge pup, i think most of them though are my Washburn EC-29 with x2n bridge pup... for my tone, i use a behringer vamp pro, with a rocktron hush and bbe running before it, the vamp pro goes spdif out to my sound card(m-audio audiophile 2496) and i use cubase sx 2 to record, i think all of the drums were done with a drum sound font made by my friend danny danzi, but now i have drumkit from hell 2, and must say i'm uber impressed by it.