Some suggestions

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I know it is way too early to be asking these questions but maybe it is something that you may want to look into....

- are there going to be In's and Out's during the show? I know some clubs dont allow it. With White Castle next to the Pearl room and hotels and I think another restraunt too, it would be nice to be able to walk out and eat or even take a break from the show.

- is it going to be an earlier start time?? around when do you think it would start?

actually that is all I have at the moment.

I believe Rob has stated before that the show will not go as late as last year's. I agree 100% with the earlier start time. We were all yawning by the time Lefay hit last year.....

In's and Out's is a nice thing...at least you can eat when you want. It is nice to get a break form the long fest type shows to walk out and be able to talk to people without having to yell.

I think the later the show too the less amount of people you have at the end. Realizing what time I was getting out last year and the long drive ahead and trying to get parking in my area...I lost lots of interest in the show and just wanted to leave knowing that I would be circling around my block for an hour at least hoping to get parking.

At the Perpetual Motion website Rob said there will be no in's and out's at the club .. the venue doesn't allow it.

The show is an all ages though, and will be over much earlier than usual.

It would be nice if they could have food service at the venue .. it's possible to do, but I don't think they do it normally. As you see, there is a bar and grill located in the same complex, and people that work there can get from the Pearl Room to the Bar & Grill internally without having to leave the building. You'd think the club could make some extra money by offering this service, but as far as I know it hasn't been offered at gigs I've attended.

Rob & Chris .. would this idea be worth exploring ?

Britt

bummer, food would be nice.....I have been to shows that actually have ordered pizza in large quantities and resell it. Not a bad way to keep people from getting tired. worth checking out.

bummer, food would be nice.....I have been to shows that actually have ordered pizza in large quantities and resell it. Not a bad way to keep people from getting tired. worth checking out.

Yeah, like the Vic always sells Connie's pizza.
I can't remember if the Pearl Room had food or not.
The bar was large enough to accomodate it if I recall.

Since there are only 5 bands each day, I am sure the earliest it would have to start would be like 5 and prolly end around 11ish or so.

So if there is no food there, we can all eat hearty before hand!!

I am sure Ken will coordinate some form of board member dinner before the show, right????

I'm sure most post got lost in the mess at PM:X but....

a) no in/outs, the Mokena police don't want it, from
what i understand, they probably don't want to deal
with people f'ing around in the parking lot, etc. and
the problems that can occur from people loitering around.

b) the venue does have food and i think a decent variety
of stuff so you WILL be able to get food at the show.

c) the show will be over at midnight and will probably run
a total of 4 1/2 hours so you guys shouldn't be too burned
out and it will still be early enough for after-partys, White
Castle, hanging at the Collesium (bar connected to the Pearl
Room), etc.

d) i think it's all going to work very well and everyone will
be extremely happy with the event!

I'm sure most post got lost in the mess at PM:X but....

a) no in/outs, the Mokena police don't want it, from
what i understand, they probably don't want to deal
with people f'ing around in the parking lot, etc. and
the problems that can occur from people loitering around.

b) the venue does have food and i think a decent variety
of stuff so you WILL be able to get food at the show.

c) the show will be over at midnight and will probably run
a total of 4 1/2 hours so you guys shouldn't be too burned
out and it will still be early enough for after-partys, White
Castle, hanging at the Collesium (bar connected to the Pearl
Room), etc.

d) i think it's all going to work very well and everyone will
be extremely happy with the event!

didnt even think about the hanging out in the parking lot thing...McGregor's in Elmhurst used to do tons of punk/ hardcore in the early 90's and they got shut down for that.

glad to hear that there is going to be food.

Food at the venue will be cool.

I can understand the no ins and outs.
As Bob has said, many clubs have gotten shut down due to a few idiots ruining it for everyone.

IIRC, the food at the venue consisted of pizza, hot dogs and burgers and maybe nachos and stuff like that. It wasn't decent. It was definitely better than I expected. However, having said that, we'll probably stop somewhere on the way and grab something from a sit down restaurant.

IIRC, the food at the venue consisted of pizza, hot dogs and burgers and maybe nachos and stuff like that. It wasn't decent. It was definitely better than I expected. However, having said that, we'll probably stop somewhere on the way and grab something from a sit down restaurant.

Good thing is that there are a few decent restraunts close by. I think a White Castle.