Some venomous people around here?

DrillSergeant

Nov 14, 2003
Bavaria, Germany
Visit site
I think I've never seen any threads about Venom here. They seem to be the ever forgotten band. So here you are: the Venom thread! Any fans out there? If so what are your faves? And the thing I'm most interested in as most people will probably mention Black Metal what do you think about the later stuff after the original line-up broke apart? And what about the different line-ups? Is it just Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon for you or do you appreciate other (past) members as well?

My favorit Venom songs are Countess Bathory, Black Metal and Acid Queen.
I don't know about their later material, but as there's so little talk about that I don't think it's that interesting. They should get the original lineup together again and do a killer tour!

carnut said:
My favorit Venom songs are Countess Bathory, Black Metal and Acid Queen.
I don't know about their later material, but as there's so little talk about that I don't think it's that interesting. They should get the original lineup together again and do a killer tour!
Naah, I don't know... I think they eliminated their weakest link with Abaddon. That guy has always been good with words but never with sticks. Though I think Venom without Cronos is like Maiden without Dickinson - it just doesn't work! Prime Evil is a solid album but I always miss Cronos singing when listening to it. About the new stuff - I totally love Cast In Stone and Calm Before The Storm. I also like Resurrection a lot. And I can't wait to see them put out another album. Also I do not care that much about Mykvs handling the guitars. He has proven more than once that he can shred.

carnut said:
My favorit Venom songs are Countess Bathory
I love that song too, one of the funniest tunes ever to sing along when you're drunk :D
"Rip Ride" is also a winner.

I don't know much their later material though, maybe it's underrated/overlooked since almost nobody talk about these new albums on message boards?

By the way I saw them in Wacken 5 years ago, pretty cool show but I saw more smoke than the musicians themselves :lol:

I like Venom... I only have two albums... "Welcome to Hell" and "Black Metal". My favourite song is Acid Queen. :D Bitch Witch and Countess Bathory are kickass tracks, too.

Venom sucks!

That's why I only have their first three album as remasters :p :lol: Still have to play them more to get acquainted good with the songs.

I like Venom quite a bit. I heard Black Metal way back when it was released. A friend snuck the record into the house and I taped it before my parents could see the cover. Same went for Hallhammer and Celtic Frost. The last thing I bought by anyone other than the original three was Prime Evil. That was a respectable album but I still veer towards the first three any day of the week.

I'd recommend to anyone who likes Venom just a tiny little bit to check out the Cast In Stone album. Even if you don't appreciate the new songs (which would surprise me) you'll probably like the re-recorded versions of some classics on disc 2.

Hmmmmm, I found Venom by thinking,"What would be a cool name for my band?" I thought Venom so to make sure no one else had the name I looked for that name in the music stores. Then I found Venoms double cd I don't know what it's called bu it has the song War head, Devils eve, Raised in hell, and many more good shit, so found more and now have Beauty and the beast and another double cd but I don't have the booklet and don't know the name but it has their best songs together. Great band, helped inspire me in my playing guitar and gave me more ideas than most band have.

For me it's all about WAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHEAD! Warhead and Live Like An Angel are my favorite Venom tracks...I don't currently own any albums but in the past I had Black Metal and the "Anthology". I pawned them off over the years for some quick cash (I always regret doing that later!) and have never picked any of the albums back up...need to, though. There's just soooo much stuff out there. Incidentally, I have been getting a lot of metal off of www.liquid.com at .99 cents a song and I got the 2 Venom tracks I mentioned plus King Diamond and MF stuff. It's great if you want to make your own metal compilation...you just don't get the art, etc. but that's a great site for metal. www.liquid.com