Somebody, tell me, what you think?

For the drums, I replaced with drumagog using my own samples. Guitar is pod farm with noise gate, tube screamer, tread plate head, compressor bus with some EQ. Guitar used was a BC Rich Warlock. Added lots of compression with snare and used G-clip to bring out the smoothness in the snare and fattened it up with the classic chorus vst using the preset vocal spread. Used pod farm for bass in which I had a lot of amp settings. I brought up the 80K to 100K to bring out what was missing. Thats it. =]

Guitars sound great. I feel like the bass could have more character. The bass sounds really good right now, but I feel like it's a little too laid back in the mids right now. May want to ignore me though I'm a bassist at heart :)

I shall ignore a bassist at heart, it's the heart that tells all in this situation, I think you are definitely right, my main instruments are the drums and guitar, I just just just picked up a bass a week ago. I just incorporate guitar and a little from what I know from listening to bass in others production. so are you saying I should bring up the mids?

oops, I SHALL NOT!!!!! NEVER ignore a bassist at heart!

Haha, at first I was like "well fine then!" :)

I'm not sure exactly where the nice character lies in your tone (bc it's extremely different from situation to situation) but first try boosting. See if you can find the frequency range where the "character" lies (mids to mid highs) and boost it by a little. Normally I would suggest cutting the other frequencies instead, but I really like the overall bass tone so I wouldn't cut anything.

noise gate-tube screamer-treadplate-comressor-little EQ multiband-and treadplate cab-condenser mic. all in pod farm UX1. and thats really it for that no other effects in my daw.

I do dual for bass consisting of noise gate, tube screamer, rock classic, compressor 4 band EQ
and
noise gate, adam and eve, compressor 4 band EQ and then I brought up the mids a little and I brought up the lows =]

not liking that guitar tone at own. hate to ruin your parade, but damn, it just has "I used the treadplate w/tube screamer in podfarm" written all over it. don't get me wrong, it might work for you, but i personally think it sounds way too digital and way too far from a real amp + mic. drums don't sound terrible, but could use some work.

I have an SM57 and a couple of handy mics at home, and I love that natural guitar tone, but i am recording at college in my dorm room, I can't really lug around all that equipment but I do understand what you are saying. No parade here man, any input helps. Technically everything distorted or crunchy are actually digital. Just sayin'. Pod Farm to me sounds good, I know a lot of huge productions that use Line 6 Pod Farm. I would like to get all acoustic recording equipment but I am only 19 going to college full time, and I have a small little budget, but for what I got, I think I do a decent job.

oh also, what "work" could I use on the drums, I would love some input on what to do, because I am no engineer, just a student. I could use some help bro.

I don't think the guitars sound any faker than any other pod farm recording. The average listener would have no idea. You need to cut some low mids - mids somewhere pretty strongly to get rid of the "boxy" sound. Kick and snare sound fine. Snare may be a bit too "dry" but that's up to your own personal preference. I really think with vocals it would be solid quality for a demo.

P.S. The cymbals sound too fake. Try varying the velocity just a little and moving from cymbal to cymbal more often. Try to imagine that a real drummer is playing it and copy that.

yeah I see what you mean about the cymbals, I replace the cymbals because they don't sound very good RAW, and I did really place the drums, and I am a drummer, but I can see what I can do man....thanks for the tips I need every tip I can get.

for a home recording, it honestly doesn't sound too bad, i've just been using a different ampsim which i think sounds a ton better than the default amps the come with podfarm. the main reason bigger producers/engineers that use podfarm have a better sound is that they most likely buy the extra add-ons of podfarm, like metal packs, fx junkie, etc. and they probably have access to better guitars with better pickups, because that makes a huge difference too. as for drums, kick could use a little more punch, like maybe some more low end, toms could be brighter and have more attack, cymbals sound pretty decent. but here's a clip of one of new projects http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17738809/I, CENTURION Monter clip Master.wav

ell me if you think the guitars are a real amp or an ampsim.

haha Yeah My pickups aren't the best....BC Rich makes pretty good ones, but they aren't the EMG's or Duncans, however, my neck is a litle crappy at the moment and the bridge needs to be reglued. I reallly really like the tips though thanks, i don't know how many times I put up my mixes in hopes to find...."need more brightness and more attack" or something along the lines. I need some direct guiding like that.... and the song you just posted, sound real but one part of the second breakdown sounds kinda chopped and unreal but I think it sounds pretty good, you got it to sound pretty real.

thanks man, and i like helping out people especially in this field. and as for the guitars in my track, its all an ampsim called Overloud TH1 with some compression and T-Racks 3 to give it power. and the "chopped and unreal" stuff you're hearing is the fact that it's all edited to a grid and all the noise is completely cut out in between parts so it sounds polished. but seriously, keep doing what your doing and just research different ampsims and different ways to do stuff, you'll find tons of new things and tons of help along the way. and if you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a pm, i'll try to answer anything as best as i can.