Something I haven't done in a while

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
Sence a member of this board told me not to promote my band here because it's NOC ( non opeth content) I've stopped ,, but these days not many of the post's are OC ,,,

Check out Wars of WInter on http://www.mp3.com/warsofwinter
it will only take a few seconds ,, may I suggest listening to one of our newer songs called Darkest Majesty ,,, it's one of our most progressive songs to date and is well structured

our official site is at http://fade.to/wars if you would like to see what were all about ..

So check out that song and the other and if you have time write a little review of a song or something like that ( be very critical) . We are going to be working on new material soon over christmas I think ,,,, both members ( Till Fjalls , warsofwinter) have gone in 2 completely different musical dirrections so it should bring great contrast to the new material ..

Thanks to those of you who take the time and criticize us ...

Glen that is shamesless promo hehe...i didnt told you guys that i hearded your music right ? it was a while ago...first time i wrote you e-mail...didnt singed the guessbook tough ;) this is not bad stuff ! keep it up guys...

i remember seeing this band name when i was first discovering opeth and such bands early last year, whenever i searched for a band up came something like "Wars of Winter (sounds like Opeth, Katatonia, .... etc)" or something, after seeing it so many times i eventually downloaded one of your songs and didnt it like it much back in those days
since then my music tastes have changed quite a bit and this side of metal is now my favorite so today i thought id give u another go! (arent i nice?)

so i downloaded "Darkest Majesty" and i thought it was fucking awesome! i wish to hear you in really good quality because the production makes that song sound a lot more empty than it really is, and a lot less atmospheric. The riffs are really fucking good, i love them. The singing is good but i find it way to loud compared to the music (actually the music is too quiet) but thats just how it was recorded and mixed so its a minor complaint! Some of the acoustic guitars sound like they are distorting a bit as well. Drums seem good to me but im no expert, and bass i barely noticed which is probably another production thing.
and the ending seemed a bit sudden. Like i thought i mustnt have the full mp3 at first.

overall damn good effort! looking forward to a full release!

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
i remember seeing this band name when i was first discovering opeth and such bands early last year, whenever i searched for a band up came something like "Wars of Winter (sounds like Opeth, Katatonia, .... etc)" or something, after seeing it so many times i eventually downloaded one of your songs and didnt it like it much back in those days
since then my music tastes have changed quite a bit and this side of metal is now my favorite so today i thought id give u another go! (arent i nice?)

so i downloaded "Darkest Majesty" and i thought it was fucking awesome! i wish to hear you in really good quality because the production makes that song sound a lot more empty than it really is, and a lot less atmospheric. The riffs are really fucking good, i love them. The singing is good but i find it way to loud compared to the music (actually the music is too quiet) but thats just how it was recorded and mixed so its a minor complaint! Some of the acoustic guitars sound like they are distorting a bit as well. Drums seem good to me but im no expert, and bass i barely noticed which is probably another production thing.
and the ending seemed a bit sudden. Like i thought i mustnt have the full mp3 at first.

overall damn good effort! looking forward to a full release!

Thats cool man , as always I find it better for us when someone says something like " it's good but you could of..." than "that's pretty cool man " ,, I meen I could listen to anything and say it's good but if I can't back it up than ,,, whats the point.

anyway back to the point , The production should be increased during easter because we may be in the studio( may not too ,we were tryin to get in for christmas but to no avail due to shortage of funds ) ,,, but i'm tryin to find a job to get to Toronto and get our shit out ..

But if you compare Darkest Majesty to the original verision of The Epiphany the production has come a long way ,, haha if that's possible ,,,

Darkest Majesty...

First you guys do need a better vocalist.
Secondly, the rhythm guitar is kinda hidden. Bring it out.
Thirdly, solos are cool.

exatly Glen shameless promo ;) doing a thread on the opeth forum to promote your band is not really shyness demonstraion eh ? well this is nice. you guys still have to improve a bit but its still good...i have vocal talent and would sing for you with pleasure but i live in quebec ! :lol: so keep it up.