Something I really wanted to share with my fellow Opethians...

commandante

Zealot
Apr 23, 2002
I always take the same road when I go from home to gym and vice versa. Like in the halfway of that road, there is this shortcut I always take. It is one of those streets, that no one crosses, not even a car. Everytime I cross the street, I walk on the same side of the road and pass by the same window and see the same old woman sitting in front of it(I want to mention that it is not always the same time of the day, so she should be sitting there like the whole day). It always reminded me of a song, but I didn't get it before yesterday. 'Windowpane' seems to explain her situation so well. I couldn't keep myself from crying, when I got that. She was so lonely, that she was sitting in front of the window allday and the fact that her window is looking to a 'haunted' street made the situation more pitiful.

Today I decided something, I smiled and gave her a wink when I was passing by. She seemed very happy for my attention and smiled back. I will do this everytime from now on.

My point is, if there is such people in you neighborhood, please gave them a wink and/or smile to them. They really need that...
bawl1.gif