Something I wrote...

Demonic Rapture

Vomit surge
Nov 16, 2002
Memphis, TN
Visit site
Last night. I haven't written anything in a few months, and it shows. But I encourage differing opinions. I know it's kind of hard to follow and doesn't make that much sense, but sometimes I get these ideas in my head and it spills out onto paper.

A Transition of Mirrors

Two mirrors, complacent with one another
shine brightly within the void
They twist and turn, encircling you
whilst you stand dead center
The whirlwind makes your hair stand on edge
Obtuse, they gravitate towards you, pointing out your flaws
sliding across your sweaty skin, absorbing the salty water
Spinning like a drunken nightmare
Right mirror, reviewing your childhood innocence
Left mirror, presenting scenes of future dim
With great rageful, assertive force
You smash mirror left, choosing your own path
Thereby breaking the entrapment of the forcefield
Leaving right mirror spinning, your destiny is yours...

Good poetry never makes sense. Just look at most of Jim Morrison's writings.

As for what metalfox said, I disagree. You can write about anything, but for me, writing makes me realize fucked up life is. It doesn't help me escape reality, but actually tightens reality's grip on me.

Here's another one I wrote a few months ago. It's untitled...wasn't too much of a happy guy at the time. lol

Waiting for my day to end
Sanity my fair weathered friend
In my head memories bend and spin
Dignify the bitterness within

The test of life is merely illfated
Growing old, left out in the cold, so overrated
Your last days spent in a predestined location
Fight turns to strife, joy on permanent vacation

I tried to be me
Himself not good enough to be
Stuck in the past, no future to lead
Stripped of pride, justifiably

Foresight shows an existence so dim
Hindsight reflects the current state that I'm in
Wiping tears from laminated skin
Take my outstretched arms, and recoil them back in

So with this verse, I do depart
Mere words cannot shine light on this lonely dark
Dispair is the key, and disgust is the lock
No breaking the chains that bind my broken heart

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
Good poetry never makes sense. Just look at most of Jim Morrison's writings.

I didn't realise Jim Morrison was considered a good poet. As far as I know, he's not. In my 'The Oxford University Press Collection of the 500 Most Significant Poems' Jim Morrison is left out. Perhaps only to make room for Herrick, though. I hadn't thought of that :tickled:

Where was Goethe at? :D

As far as I know, he's highly regarded as one of the greatest poets/songwriters of all time. Not to mention he has the second or third highest I.Q. in history. :)

Not much of a Morrison fan either. But he did write some weird shit, and that's OK.

Originally posted by Demonic Rapture
As far as I know, he's highly regarded as one of the greatest poets/songwriters of all time

By who? :err:
Other than fans of The Doors (poor misguided souls), I never hear anyone saying Morrison's poems are good. He's not a master of prose or soliloquy. He just rambled on in his poems, not knowing anything about form from what I've seen.
And I didn't know he wrote the songs, either. But even if he did, I don't think there's anything particularly masterful about The Doors' music, except that it was popular. But if popularity makes something masterful, then Venga Boyz, 2 Unlimited and MC Hammer are all master song writers, too!
C'mon. Hammer is, isn't he?

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
probably by the ones i saw when, in paris, i visited the cemetery of père la chaise, where jim morrison's rests lay. lol, crying and smoking joints, what a circus.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Other than fans of The Doors (poor misguided souls), I never hear anyone saying Morrison's poems are good. He's not a master of prose or soliloquy. He just rambled on in his poems, not knowing anything about form from what I've seen.
And I didn't know he wrote the songs, either. But even if he did, I don't think there's anything particularly masterful about The Doors' music, except that it was popular. But if popularity makes something masterful, then Venga Boyz, 2 Unlimited and MC Hammer are all master song writers, too!
C'mon. Hammer is, isn't he?

I meant Goethe there, dude. :)