something unbelievable about MAYH

thebigfish

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
It just noticed the following:
MAYH contains such great fucking lyrics (especially for metal music) that it makes me wonder why the rest of the albums have such ugly ones. i mean: i'm no professional poet or something, but except for MAYH who would bother to read Opeth's lyrics? They're just shit! Fortunately the music compensates nearly everything but i just feel that their lyrics are the only disadvantage that keeps them from being perfect... almost.
mikael should definitely use that story-concept more often

who (dis)agrees out there (and cares to reply)...

The first totally understandable with no hidden messages within the lines lyricwise album is Deliverance

They changed the singing there as well, he sings it line by line instead of verse by verse.

The only thing that sets MAYH lyrics aside from the rest is the fact they're written in concept, but even Still Life has that to a degree. I don't understand how you can call the rest of their lyrics 'shit'. Admiteddly, I do think MAYH has the best lyrics, but in no way do the others suck.

All of the Opeth lyrics are excellent. it's one of the high points of the band. I feel Still Life has more of a concept feel to it then MAYH, I mean, on Still Life, the concept even penetrates into the music, the only song on MAYH (to my knowledge anyways) that does that is the Prologue.

i think all of opeths lyrics are great.i like reading them when i listen to the band.there really good.to call them "shit" is pretty ignorant.

why MAYH lyrics are considered better? because they were done before the instrumental (with time to relax, think about then and stuff) part and not in a hurry in the studio like Mikael made in the last albuns...just check out the diary in the offical site.