SONATA ARCTICA: Talviyö«

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SONATA ARCTICA Release New Single / Lyric Video "A Little Less Understanding"; Cover Artwork For New Album Unveiled

"...On September 6th, Finnish melodic metal titans Sonata Arctica will release their tenth studio album, Talviyö« (which means Winter Night), featuring eleven new tracks..."

sonatacovernew.jpg

Sonata Arctica will support Kamelot this fall in North America on the next leg of The Shadow Tour.

kamtouroct18.jpg

SONATA ARCTICA - Talviyö Album Tracklisting, Formats Revealed; Pre-Order Launched

You can pre-order Talviyö here.

It’s a big letdown..it’s pretty bad imo..slow, boring, and by far their worst release.

Given how subpar some of their other recent releases have been, that's really saying something if THIS is the worst. Hard to believe this is the same band from Ecliptica, Silence, Reckoning Night......

Given how subpar some of their other recent releases have been, that's really saying something if THIS is the worst. Hard to believe this is the same band from Ecliptica, Silence, Reckoning Night......

That was my thinking. I don't remember them well enough to know if this is the worst or not, but I'm definitely not listening to them again to figure it out.

It's better than Stones Grow Her Name and does have a few good tracks, but there's no real standout like even their poor albums have had and for the most part it is really, really boring. What's more, they are playing pretty much nothing good on their tour either. Just a really poor setlist. I thought they had listened to the fans with the Pariah's Child album, which was actually very good, but the last two albums have resumed the downward spiral.