Sonata Arctica, The days of grays

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
http://www.myspace.com/sonataarctica

The new album out 21/9-2009. Album: The Days Of Grays. Not the days of gays..which most dislikers will want to say..and heh..say.

It's not easy talking about a band like Sonata Arctica cause the haters are often loud, just like with Cradle Of Filth. And people like me feel a bit too old to listen to both bands..still I feel it's music that really is fun to listen to. It's always huge dramatic and very much melodic and metal.

So, the question is.
Who is looking forward to this? Point of view on these two new songs?

This is more back to roots after a rather strange album UNIA 4 years ago or so. I might be happy about this.

Ps: Notice how many threads have something with "day" in them. It's...odd. Especially if you take "diary" with it...since it's a daily thing. The word diary comes from the Latin diarium ("daily allowance," from dies "day"), Just funny to me...for some reason.

Their first four albums were pretty good. Winterheart's Guild is definately my favorite, but I don't think they'll ever be able to top that. I checked out the two new songs and unfortunately I can't say I'm impressed. I really wish I was - their old material was pretty good and helped introduce me to Scandinavian metal back when I originally got into this kind of music.

Their first four albums were pretty good. Winterheart's Guild is definately my favorite, but I don't think they'll ever be able to top that. I checked out the two new songs and unfortunately I can't say I'm impressed. I really wish I was - their old material was pretty good and helped introduce me to Scandinavian metal back when I originally got into this kind of music.

I agree with you that the earlier albums are some of their best work. But at times also their worst I feel. They are more stabile now. But sure, they won't top their biggest hits. Reckoning Night is my fav though, but alltime fav song is Full Moon..guilty pleasure!

Oh..talking about bad cover art. This album must have the worst cover in some time. Wonder how they manage to choose something like that..? Got to hide that album well...heh