sonata artica

The reason I asked is that they seem to be very capable musicians.
Maybe I'm wrong. Wanted other opinions.

I like them as well. The cage is a very cool song.

I love Sonata Arctica, they are one of my favourite bands. Jani is such a great guitarplayer and I love Tony´s vocals. I wish I could sing as high as he does and I am a girl o_O

Well, I've got their For The Sake Of Revenge DVD and a shirt of that DVD as well. I almost can say that I like that live DVD/CD more then the album recordings and that doesn't happen alot! I wish to see them live too, but I didn't have the chance yet, probably next year or whenever they play here in Belgium.

Sorry, but Sonata Arctica is a weak live band. Tony just cannot sing like the studio recordings. Live CDs/DVDs can come with a lot of make up, but if you really watch them live and pay attention you will notice that Sonata Arctica is just a studio band. Many singers can't match a studio performance live, such as Andi Deris and Hansi Kursch (they can't keep up the range) but Tony exceeds them.

my band opened for them once and they were dicks. i was talking with their singer before the show and he was alright and then i said "...we play power metal like you guys" and as soon as i said that, he got all pissy and ranted about how they were "so not power metal it wasnt even funny" then stormed off.

lol, I think they sound weak live as well. I've not heard everything they've done, but wasn't keen on what I did hear.

live theyre not as good...this is true. they arent a "loud" band by any sense...

studio sonata arctica is great. awesome melodies and catchy songs with some heavy and fast moments....jani is a very over rated guitarist....many of his peers own his bones.

my band opened for them once and they were dicks. i was talking with their singer before the show and he was alright and then i said "...we play power metal like you guys" and as soon as i said that, he got all pissy and ranted about how they were "so not power metal it wasnt even funny" then stormed off.
Sonata Arctica aren't power metal? Then wtf are they?