Song for mixing practice - hard rock

rvs0002

Metal from the Heartland
Jun 28, 2007
Topeka, KS
www.johnnylokkeband.com
I have a couple guys that are working on a rough mix of a song off my upcoming release, so I thought I would post a link here too as some folks like to have songs to practice on. There are no DI's, so it could be a challenge for you to get a sound you like, but I guess that is good practice too. BPM is 160, files are 24-bit wavs and zip file is over 600mb, so make sure you have a good connection! Have fun and if you like your mix share it with me, I'd like to hear it. PM me with any questions. NOTE:This download contains the fixed toms.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9075586/Promises2.zip

UPDATE: Fixed broken link and also here is my rough mix so you can check the song out before downloading a huge file to see if you even want to jack with it. http://www.johnnylokkeband.com/audio/PLTestMix.mp3

Can't wait to hear your new music Johnny! Thanks for sharing this. Once I get my new studio computer completely configured, I may give this a whirl. Your vocals are always really easy to work with. ;)

Your mix sounds really good tho! :popcorn:
Great 70/80 vibe to the song, very theatrical in the mood.
I´ll give it a go for sure later next week!
:Spin:

Cool, glad it is working now. I also added a link to the rough mix I did in the first post so you can check it out. You'll soon see why I don't mix my own stuff if i can help it!

Hahaha. It's not a bad mix! But yeah, there's things I'd do differently. And after hearing this, I'm wanting to get my hands on this. :) Just need to get that studio computer up an running.

Hahaha. It's not a bad mix! But yeah, there's things I'd do differently. And after hearing this, I'm wanting to get my hands on this. :) Just need to get that studio computer up an running.

Better yet, forget your pc and zip up to Kansas and mix the whole damn thing on MY pc! I think it's about time you got that son of yours out of Texas for a bit! :p

Better yet, forget your pc and zip up to Kansas and mix the whole damn thing on MY pc! I think it's about time you got that son of yours out of Texas for a bit! :p

Hahaha I just got back from taking him out of Texas. We just got back from our yearly trip to Romania to see my wife's folks and introduce them to their grandson. He developed bronchiolitis (been an ongoing thing) while there and we had to put him in the hospital for 5 days in Bucharest. Was a wonderful trip. :bah: No more traveling for him...at least for a while! :) Sorry Johnny. ;)

Thanks for the drum midi Johnny. I was thinking about trying some different samples and wasn't looking forward to replacing them. :) I may have a chance this long weekend to get everything set up and give it a go. Who did you get to do the solos?