song similarity pink floyd and metallica

emoneygotdubs

New Metal Member
Jul 20, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
so i was just listening to pink floyd - goodbye blue sky, at about 56 seconds in (also plays periodically throughout), isnt that the same 4 acoustic notes played in the intro (first notes of the song) to fade to black?

has anyone else noticed this?

i'm not trying to call rip off on this one since its only a couple of notes...but i'm just sayin, it sounds exactly the same.

whatever, i'm bored.

Metallica stole their Unforgiven II riff from In Silence Enshrined - Katatonia ^^

or.. they both stole it from that silly Iron Maiden song which I can't remember the name of, with the same riff in it.

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls and Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots have some similarities.

And Iron Maiden stole from Led Zeppelin, who stole from the old blues masters, who stole from each other....

Musicians are "borrowing" or being "influenced" by other musicians. That's a main ingredient in all music. Stealing a riff or a few notes, I'm sure has happened down through music, but I don't think it's really as blatant as some would have you believe. Pink Floyd has had there material borrowed by better bands than Metallica.

everyone who held a guitar stole whatever they played from Jeff Van Dyke..

Musicians are "borrowing" or being "influenced" by other musicians. That's a main ingredient in all music. Stealing a riff or a few notes, I'm sure has happened down through music, but I don't think it's really as blatant as some would have you believe. Pink Floyd has had there material borrowed by better bands than Metallica.

Like Anathema or Porcupine Tree:lol:

The video is fail. But anyway, when you listen to a certain band for long enough, their influence will undoubtedly start to seep into your songwriting.