Songs/bands/music with flawless structure

Gold

Dec 5, 2006
Pennslyvania
who are some artists that put out music with amazing song structure? anything from pink floyd, to cynic to btbam.

doesnt have to be metal but the more brutal/better the production the better

Um, damn near all prog rock/metal would qualify for this but I'll just list a bunch.

Genesis, Yes, King Crimson (depending on the album), Dream Theater, Jethro Tull, Van Der Graaf Generator, Harmonium, Supertramp, The Who, Rush, Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, Opeth, Camel, Ayreon, older Santana, The Doors, The fackin Beatles, Tool, Queen, Green Carnation, Atheist, Kamelot, The Mars Volta, Miles Davis...to be continued.

Pain of Salvation (even though I despise this stupid band), Symphony-X (don't like them that much but worth mentioning), Fates Warning, Queensryche (overrated), Pagan's Mind, Therion, Riverside, Shadow Gallery, Threshold, Abydos, Savatage, Evergrey, Blind Guardian, Crimson Glory, Rhapsody...

Not sure if you want to take my recs because apparently I don't listen to nor do I know anything about metal or music in general.

I saw this band on Tuesday they are really talented and have really solid song structure.

Um, damn near all prog rock/metal would qualify for this but I'll just list a bunch.

Genesis, Yes, King Crimson (depending on the album), Dream Theater, Jethro Tull, Van Der Graaf Generator, Harmonium, Supertramp, The Who, Rush, Gentle Giant, Frank Zappa, Opeth, Camel, Ayreon, older Santana, The Doors, The fackin Beatles, Tool, Queen, Green Carnation, Atheist, Kamelot, The Mars Volta, Miles Davis...to be continued.
You left out Porcupine Tree fucknut.

I'm sorry about that one time you got super upset at me because people sided with me when you tried to tell me that Porcupine Tree was a really amazing band that was more innovative than every band I listen to.

Except that they aren't the most innovative, and that's not subjective, unlike musical quality.

By the way, you clearly care about my opinions, since you reply every single time I've ever said anything negative to you, but denial is probably your strongest point, so keep it up. ;)