Songs that are special to you.. and why

Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
Heart Of Glass by Blondie used to scare me when I was a kid. I think its because I didnt know what she was saying and it was high pitched and that. It still makes me feel weird when I hear it now:cry:

Originally posted by Strangelight
Heart Of Glass by Blondie used to scare me when I was a kid. I think its because I didnt know what she was saying and it was high pitched and that. It still makes me feel weird when I hear it now:cry:

when I was a little kid, my fave song was ..I still don't know the name exactly..the one in Top Gun movie ya know.

but now, well I don't know there are so many special ones for me,even most of them are cheesy ones. they are like some songs playing on background in a special/enjoyable or sad moment.
For ex, when my mom is taken to the hospital, Sorta Fairytale of Tori Amos was playing in doctors' room. So I'm not sure that I still like the song anymore.

well ..probably that's not what you're asking but anyway.

I have a couple of truly personally special songs sung by Dusty Springfield and Glen Campbell, brings a lot of memories from last years summer... and some more I can't remember at the moment.

Riders on the storm, by the doors my sisters used to play this and I was obsessed by it, that and stand and deliver by Adam Ant...first vinyl I owned that was.

a very young nipper...and the band played waltzing matilda cos me old man used to sing it to me. tho why u sing a song about ppl having their legs blown off to a six year old is beyond me.

One last goodbye, cause although i know a bit of the backround of this sons, it's unbelievable how i can relate the words on a special scene in my life. It's an amazing song, but i cannnot listen to it that often, maybe because of this relationship to it.

btw there are many other anathema songs which do that in a similar way, but this one is deepest.

well, dreadful shadows- torn being, bittersweet story
dreadful shadows- Mortal Hope, song which was played in a nice moment
The third and the mortal- Why so lonely

more do not come into my mind at the moment

cheers

Originally posted by Ivo
Sting's - Russians, a great song that giving me chills...

i think you misunderstood the line 'russians love their children too.' it's not loving their children the way you think :rolleyes:

Originally posted by moody
i think you misunderstood the line 'russians love their children too.' it's not loving their children the way you think :rolleyes:
and what's the way i think, according to you?
:confused:

loving their children as a father/mother would do. not that sexual pervert thing you were thinking about, you ivo scorpio pervo :mad:

to get back to the original topic, i must say A-HA song 'Hunting High And Low' had a special influence on me, i heard it a lot when i was a kid, and when i heard it back like 1 year ago i felt all weird and that, strange feeling. that song is an ace anyway, the production sounds dead 80's, but if they'd recorded it with a real orchestra instead of eletronic trumpets it would have been immense. i should do a cover of it :eek: i need to get back my CD first tho. aphrodite knight, give it back to me will you :mad:

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
I've always wanted to do/hear a metallish version of that song. Especially when the beat drops to half in some part of the chorus, that would sound ace..

maybe not metallish, but with real natural instruments and drums and loads of instruments and that. i mean, not like gamma ray did with 'it's a sin' :(

It is the evening of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Smiling faces I can see
But not for me
I sit and watch
As tears go by

My riches can't buy everything
I want to hear the children sing
All I hear is the sound
Of rain falling on the ground
I sit and watch
As tears go by

It is the evening of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Doin' things I used to do
They think are new
I sit and watch
As tears go by

Originally posted by ashure
when I was a little kid, my fave song was ..I still don't know the name exactly..the one in Top Gun movie ya know.

"Show Me Heaven" by Maria McKee? ;) It´s a nice song indeed. She has got the most green eyes I ever saw! :eek:

For me it´s "Nothing Else Matters" from Metallica (talking about the live version on "Year and a half..." second part where James has got the bandages on his arms..). That song brought me into metal and that music brought almost all the good things in my life. I mean all the best things that happened had something to do with it :)

"show me heaven" is from days of thunder "take my breath away" is the top gun single. I like the bit where james get engulfed in flames :)

heres songs that are special to me and i played on em too.
eternity part 1,2 and 3
far away
lost control
suicide veil
and many more...
so we'll have less half sarcastic comments about covers from moody i think

and the reason they are special to me is cos the lyrics have always been very relevant to me, i learned a hell of alot from them and the bloke who wrote them, i was there when they were done, i encouraged this direction and style, i love every note and can almost class it as otherworldly music. and i had a direct influence on the reason they are being called "classic anathema" songs.

so what was that again then my friend...?