Soul SirkUS

Yea I have it. Its good. I love most of Neal's projects. I remember Bad English. A very good band! Their singer John Waite is great. Too bad he's not that active anymore.

Hawk said:
Yea I have it. Its good. I love most of Neal's projects. I remember Bad English. A very good band! Their singer John Waite is great. Too bad he's not that active anymore.

Have you heard Hardline? With Neal that is. There are a straight forward Rock band in the vein of like a Van Halen meets Bon Jovi...
Bad English was okay, they got me hooked from the first listen of "Forget Me Not," which was a harder rocking song, than anyhting John Wait had ever done!
I didn't much care for their second effort, what the hell was that called?!:erk:

sixxswine said:
Have you heard Hardline? With Neal that is. There are a straight forward Rock band in the vein of like a Van Halen meets Bon Jovi...
Bad English was okay, they got me hooked from the first listen of "Forget Me Not," which was a harder rocking song, than anyhting John Wait had ever done!
I didn't much care for their second effort, what the hell was that called?!:erk:

The second Bad English release was called "Backlash". See here:

http://www.rickyphillips.com/discography.html

I did not care for it either :) So you are not along in that.

I can not say I know "Hardline". Although they sound familiar to me. I am gonna check them out. Thanks for the tip! :wave:

Hawk said:
The second Bad English release was called "Backlash". See here:

http://www.rickyphillips.com/discography.html

I did not care for it either :) So you are not along in that.

I can not say I know "Hardline". Although they sound familiar to me. I am gonna check them out. Thanks for the tip! :wave:

Check out Hardline's Double Eclipse, he's playing with twin brothers, one who was his brother in law at the time & also in the band, Todd Jensen(great bass player from Portland, OR, he was in a band called Harlow with Tommy Thayer & also toured with Alice Cooper) & Deen Castronovo(Journey & Ozzy) on drums.

The original version of World Play was released last December and was only available through their website. It had Deen Castronovo on drums, who left soon after it's release, and only had 11 tracks. I feel that the guitar and vocals were a bit too loud in the mix, but regardless, this album kicks ass.

The version of the album that you are referring to in your review is the re-release and I'm pretty sure it only has 16 tracks, which includes 2 new tracks under 2 min. long, 2 new songs of normal length (Alive & James Brown), and the 45 sec intro. This version was released in the UK in April, and the drums were re-recorded with Virgil Donati. The mix on this version is much more even than the original, and if you concentrate on the original 11 tracks & Alive, this album is not too long at all. I took the song James Brown as kind of a goof song.

The only song that doesn't do anything for me is the song Hagar co-wrote, Peephole. I just think the chorus is stupid....

I saw them in NYC on 4/7 and it was a phenomenal show. They even did one of Soto's songs from the movie Rock Star, "Stand Up."

Though technically from 2004, this is one of my favorite releases this year.

Platinum Maze said:
The only song that doesn't do anything for me is the song Hagar co-wrote, Peephole. I just think the chorus is stupid....

Though technically from 2004, this is one of my favorite releases this year.

The chorus is a tad bit weak...
I wouldn't go that far, best of 2005?! or 2004 for that matter!
It will be interesting to see what becomes of this band & if they
put out some other great records...
The re-release is a bit long & should have been kept to 10 tracks.
The Frontiers version also had a DVD, that must have been cool...

sixxswine said:
The chorus is a tad bit weak...
I wouldn't go that far, best of 2005?! or 2004 for that matter!
It will be interesting to see what becomes of this band & if they
put out some other great records...
The re-release is a bit long & should have been kept to 10 tracks.
The Frontiers version also had a DVD, that must have been cool...

I can't think of too many albums that have come out this year that I like better.....

I don't have the dvd. I bought the original version, downloaded the new one.