Soulfly Live at HOB Anaheim

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Anyone else go to this show? It fucking ruled! Soulfly was brutal. I have seen them a bunch of times, have seen Sepultura a bunch of times dating back to the Arise days and this was definetely up there with the best Max show I have ever seen. They played a few old Sepultura songs (Troops of Doom and Refuse/Resists) Troops of Doom was fucking SIC! The entire HOB was one huge mosh pit, haven't seen a show with that much brutal energy in a long long time. They sounded perfect. The new material from Dark Ages sounded very similar to old Sepultura stuff. One of the better shows I have seen all year. Max rules so does the entire band he has put together.

Inbetween sets they played some Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax, Helmet, and Motorhead it was a great fuckin show, I am still buzzing from it and very soar, I am too old to be in a brutal pit, haven't done that since I was about 22 years old going to Death Metal shows

Sounds like a helluva show. Sepultura since Max left is kind of like non-alcholic beer, just doesn't do anything for me. Soulfly kicks ass, and I keep hearing about all other material they throw in live. I'm in a gulf-coast shithole right now and there are no good shows to be seen.