SOULSPELL: Hollow's Gathering

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
from www.melodicrock.com :

"The third full-length album from the Brazilian power metal opera project Soulspell entitled Hollow's Gathering will be released in Europe and North America on October 12th through Inner Wound Recordings. "Hollow's Gathering" feat. guest appearances by Tim "Ripper" Owens [ex. Judas Priest, Iced Earth], Blaze Bailey [ex. Iron Maiden], Michael Vescera [Obsession, ex. Loudness, Yngwie Malmsteen], Amanda Sommerville [Trillium, Avantasia], Markus Grosskopf [Helloween] and many more. The album was mixed by Matt Smith [Theocracy] and mastered by Miro at The Gate Studio [Avantasia, Kamelot, Rhapsody]. Artwork was created by Felipe Machado Franco [Blind Guardian, Rhapsody of Fire, Iced Earth].

The project is conceived by drummer Heleno Vale. Many vocalists play different characters in a story concerning the conflicts among human emotions. These characters face situations of internal conflict as they are requested for making decisions which, without their knowledge, affect and change the course of the present, future, and even past of all the other characters. The Soulspell story intends to make us wonder how a fifteen-year-old boy, a powerful evil dragon, or even a simple humble lumberjack, by simply living and believing, can interfere in the lives of all in every possible dimension.

Check out an album teaser over at YouTube:

"Hollow's Gathering" track listing; 01. Hollow's Gathering 02. A Rescue Into the Storm 03. To Crawl Or to Fly 04. Anymore 05. Adrian's Call 06. Change the Tide 07. From Hell 08. The Keeper's Game 09. The Dead Tree 10. Whispers Inside You.

"Hollow's Gathering" is available for pre-ordering at the Inner Wound Store: www.innerwound.bigcartel.com.
Soulspell online: www.soulspell.com / www.facebook.com/soulspellmetalopera. "

soulspell-hollowsgathering.jpg

soulspell-2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say it again.

This is the project that Avantasia wishes it still was. Anyone who's disappointed with what Avantasia has become (meaning away from power metal) will enjoy this immensely.

FYI, the album is now out and Inner Wound has uploaded a full track to YouTube, Change The Tide:

I just got the album in the mail and am giving it my first spin right now. Based on how much I loved the last one, I'm expecting to be blown away.

I will say it again.

This is the project that Avantasia wishes it still was. Anyone who's disappointed with what Avantasia has become (meaning away from power metal) will enjoy this immensely.

This sounds good, but as for my present taste, I think I prefer the style of the latest Avantasia discs over this, from the little I heard from the preview.

Brazilian power metal opera project SOULSPELL have uploaded the track, 'To Crawl Or To Fly', which features guest appearances by Amanda Somerville (TRILLIUM, AVANTASIA) and Matt Smith (THEOCRACY).

'To Crawl Or To Fly' comes off the brand new Soulspell album, Hollow's Gathering, released on October 12th through Inner Wound Recordings. Listen to the track below:

Man, I come to this thread to add the song just put onto YouTube this morning and KingsGene has already beat me to it! :worship:

I loves me some Soulspell!