Soulspell's third album - Hollow's Gathering - now out!

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I know we have a lot of Soulspell fans here based on the last Soulspell thread (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/theocracy/665101-soulspell-metal-opera.html).

Soulspell's third album - Hollow's Gathering - just came out on Inner Wound Recordings (Ulterium's sister label). Matt Smith mixed the album and contributes vocals on the track To Crawl Or To Fly. Many of the vocalists from the last album are back, along with Soulspell newcomers Amanda Sommerville, Blaze Bayley (ex-Iron Maiden), and Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-Judas Priest, ex-Iced Earth).

For your listening...

Album teaser:

Full track Change The Tide:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any love for "Hollow's Gathering" here? I've listened to this album a lot, and I especially love the tracks "Change The Tide", "A Rescue Into The Storm" and "The Keeper's Game". Matt's vocals on "To Crawl Or To Fly" are fantastic as well, both the verse part and the chorus part in the end.

I've been meaning to give Soulspell a go for a while now because of the previous thread Seastorm mentioned. Listened to Hollow's Gathering on Spotify this evening, and I liked what I heard. Can't say it's instant love, but perhaps this is something that will take multiple listens to fully appreciate. I'd definitely recommend people give it a shot in any case. There's plenty of talent here, and they do some interesting things, both musically and story-wise.

Man I'm such a cow...I listened to the posted song at least 20-30 times in the past 2 days and I completely forgot to give credit where credit is due...this thread :D

This sounds delicious to say the least.

I wouldn't have listened to this album if it weren't for Matt being on one song. But thus so has made me enjoy them.

Wow! This stuff is awesome! I wouldn't have listened to this without Matt being a singer, and now after listening I only can say that I'm in love. I'm in love with this band and especially with one of the female singers, Daisa Munhoz. I've been listenind to this video for about 30 times and I still can't get enough. Damn, that girl really can sing! :worship:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2OvZdqyxM&feature=related[/ame]

Thanks for opening this topic, thanks for Matt for mixing this album and THANKS DAISA! (if you happen to read this :cool:)

That solo at 4:05 sounded so much like something out of Dragonforce. Haha.

GREAT SOUND. Definitely gonna have to pick this one up.