SOUNDGARDEN: New Song 'Storm' Available For Streaming

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Storm", a brand new song from reunited grunge legends SOUNDGARDEN, can be streamed below. The track was recorded in May with producer Jack Endino.Endino previously worked produced SOUNDGARDEN's debut EP, "Screaming Life", back in 1987. He also worked with a number of other Seattle bands over the years, including NIRVANA and MUDHONEY.As previously reported, the 20th-anniversary reissue of SOUNDGARDEN's breakthrough 1994 album, "Superunknown", sold 5,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 51 on The Billboard 200 chart.SOUNDGARDEN singer Chris Cornell told a Los Angeles radio station earlier in the year that once the band gets started, its next record should come together quickly. Cornell explained, "We haven't been in a studio writing, but because everyone brings song ideas in, it goes from zero to 60 really fast. All of a sudden everyone will have two things, and that's eight songs you have to work on, and already you're well into making an album, and that could happen tomorrow."Cornell told The Pulse Of Radio that the band will take the same approach to its seventh album as it did with 2012's "King Animal". "We're definitely gonna start writing new songs and I think we've all agreed on several occasions that we want to keep doing it," he said. "And I think it will be very similar to 'King Animal' in that there's no clock on it. And I also see us going out into some new SOUNDGARDEN frontier musically and see what it is, and hopefully we'll be here in a year or two talking about what that is.""King Animal" was the band's first album in 16 years and followed a lengthy hiatus that lasted from 1997 to 2010.Cornell added about making the new record, "We've made a lot of albums, how do you make the next one, and what is your reason for making it? You've got to do something else. We've always got to reach. But having said that, we always naturally do that anyways."

More...