Soundwave Revolution cancelled?

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Rumours doing the rounds are that Soundwave Revolution is cancelled, largely due to Van Halen pulling out

[update] Fuck...
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/mu...-revolution-2011-cancelled/20110809-e6g7.html
We regret to inform you that the Soundwave Revolution 2011 has been cancelled.

Soundwave tour organiser AJ Maddah told a Sydney radio station this afternoon that they decided to cancel next month's festival after the second headliner pulled out. The organisers believed the lineup wasn't strong enough to go ahead.

Soundwave organisers have told us to expect an official press release outlining the cancellation shortly.

Same thing also mentioned on Steel Panther twitter feed...

:( Motherfucker...

Yeah, it was Stix who broke the news on Twitter which set the rumour mill going.

I wasn't going to go anyway so it doesn't bother me that much, but it strikes me as very odd that they would cancel the whole festival just because one band (which hadn't even been announced) cancelled. I thought the line-up was more than strong enough to go ahead, but maybe they were relying on the unnamed band to take care of the unsold tickets. *shrug*

Two names I've heard are Limp Bizkit and My Chemical Romance. That's just Internet people talking though. I really don't know.

It's very odd! I was looking forward to Alice and Steel Panther, not that I'd bought a ticket yet.

On the bright side, I won't have to be in the same postcode as Courtney Love now!

It's like promising apple pie and custard for dessert, then not dishing it up because there wasn't any ice cream. I heard the Limp Bizkit rumour too, and if you ask me, that would have made less people go, not more.

It's like promising apple pie and custard for dessert, then not dishing it up because there wasn't any ice cream. I heard the Limp Bizkit rumour too, and if you ask me, that would have made less people go, not more.

It's more like promising a buffet dessert with a highlight signature dish of Belgian chocolate souffle, then cancelling with earliest possible notice because of an unanticipated supply shortage of Belgian chocolate.

I don't have any issues with how they've handled it. I'd much prefer they cancel it and offer refunds than just say "here's the new headliner, stiff shit, enjoy your tickets".

It's more like promising a buffet dessert with a highlight signature dish of Belgian chocolate souffle, then cancelling with earliest possible notice because of an unanticipated supply shortage of Belgian chocolate.

I don't have any issues with how they've handled it. I'd much prefer they cancel it and offer refunds than just say "here's the new headliner, stiff shit, enjoy your tickets".

I would of preferred "Van Halen's not coming so Steel Panther and Alice Cooper are going to headline a 2hr set on stage together fans can get a refund if they wish"