Source Skin Project Progress

Carbonized

Hermit
Oct 30, 2001
I figured i'd start a thread here and post pics occasionally of what is being done and what i have done. Also to get feedback about what YOU GUYS think i should do to make it better if you think it sucks or something needs improvement. So here we go First pic (although i have posted a few here n' there)

Progress.jpg

Progress2.jpg

Progress3.jpg

Bumpy....
bumpy.jpg

Lookin' good so far. If you could somehow add the black lipstick and streaks at the sides of the mouth, that would pretty much complete the face. A bullet belt and some gauntlets would be cool, but there's only so much you can do with skins. Ideally, at some point, we'd have a custom model for maximum trueness. If I knew anything about skinning or modelling, I'd be all over this.

hypocrisy86 said:
Looking good, even though i'm never gonna play the game..
@Trev: I'll see about adding the mouth paint, the bullet belt i'm working on, gauntlets *might* be possible so i'll try to make that work. Yea the model is in one shape and you have to conform it all into that shape. It's damn difficult because you can't really tell what it's going to look like as you go because it takes the shape of the mesh :/ So yea this is a pain in the ass.

@Hypocrisy: Thanks but never say never... Christmas is coming up. :D

Ok for anyone who cares, if any of you are even awake, i'm loggin' on, Cain's Lair (as long as there are people on the server anyway)

you should totally post links to the images as well so that those of us who blocked you obnoxious sigs can see them :)

DE said:
you should totally post links to the images as well so that those of us who blocked you obnoxious sigs can see them :)
Heh yea yea you LOVE our sigs, now you should be able to see it.

Hahah, it's looking pretty spiffy. The gauntlet texture is nice, but looks a little weird in game. Definitely a good job though.

Heh thank you, what would you have me do with the head, that's been the most difficult part :/

*update* didn't do much really because i spent all fucking day trying to bump map the cocksucker. well i finally managed it *grumble*

Karmic said:
So, the Source SDK hasnt been released yet?

Fine job, btw.
Erm nope not yet, and thank you.

Looking fecking sweet. Great job dude!
Thanks :D i gave it to Oyo and Lykathea to try out in game so they could better see what it's like and perhaps give me some more ideas and suggestions. Would you like to try it out?

Carbonized said:
i gave it to Oyo and Lykathea to try out in game so they could better see what it's like and perhaps give me some more ideas and suggestions. Would you like to try it out?

Of course dude, that'd be awesome. You'll have to give me instructions on how to install it, i'm a bit useless otherwise :)

it's terribly simple to do, i'm going to do some (hopefully) simple adjustments to it first though...