South East Asia

TheEmperor

Depraved
Dec 12, 2001
Luzern, Switzerland
so I'm the first to post here, wow! :D so tell me, South East Asia Metal Scene? Is there a big scene? any famous bands? sorry for the stupid questions but I never heard about a South East Asia Metal Scene ;)

I´m not too familier with a South East Asia scene either... didn´t even know there was much of a Metal scene there. And I have only recently found out there is a scene in China, in fact I was so amazed that I decided to put a bunch of MP3´s online at www.metalgospel.com of bands from China. Check it out if interested. Decided to keep them up an additional week.

:wave:
Thanx for your interest my SEA metal scene. And thanx to Mark for this forum.
SEA scene consist a lot bands from MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, THAILAND and BRUNEI (I'm not sure Bruneians still kickin' or not?)
From Heavy Metal to Black Metal, you named it, I'll tell you guys 'bout the bands!!!
Plenty of stuffs we got here and there's a compilation called "Panggilan Pulau Puaka" (Called Of The Haunted Island) which have been released in 4 volumes till now.
Checkout www.psychicscream.com

Dzhainoll: I would surely like to learn more about the bands as I am always looking for new bands to add into my database / zine at MetalGospel.com. I will check out that link you left and also add the link to my website.

TheEmperor: Glad you liked that CANKERED CORPSE. They´re my favourite off the compilation. I´d like to see them signed.

:cool:
I really shocked with your support. I actually don't expect that there would be somebody from other places on Earth wanted to know 'bout bands from SEA.
Thanx for your interested.
I have asked more person from SEA to join the UM forum.
Maybe in the future you can get more information from these guys...

Originally posted by Dzhainoll
:wave:
Thanx for your interest my SEA metal scene. And thanx to Mark for this forum.
SEA scene consist a lot bands from MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, THAILAND and BRUNEI (I'm not sure Bruneians still kickin' or not?)
From Heavy Metal to Black Metal, you named it, I'll tell you guys 'bout the bands!!!
Plenty of stuffs we got here and there's a compilation called "Panggilan Pulau Puaka" (Called Of The Haunted Island) which have been released in 4 volumes till now.
Checkout www.psychicscream.com

Hey metal brother!!!I'm also from Malaysia!!!Selangor to be more precise.:headbang:

Yes,the metal scene in SEA is still very much in the underground state but it's growing.Check out
Sil Khannaz(black metal,Malaysia) and Surreneder of Divinity(brutal black metal,Thailand).

There are lots of bands here in Indonesia but most of them are too lazy or disorganised to play an gigs!

Metal from Asia huh? You've made me curious :)

are there any inlfuences by native asian music? I mean something similar to Black Metal and its scandinavian folk sound. Would be a nice mix, since I like that (for me) exotic music of asian countries :)

Originally posted by Dzhainoll
:cool:
I really shocked with your support. I actually don't expect that there would be somebody from other places on Earth wanted to know 'bout bands from SEA.
Thanx for your interested.
I have asked more person from SEA to join the UM forum.
Maybe in the future you can get more information from these guys...

well I didn't know anything about the SEA metal scene, and I think it's interesting to know more about it since the songs I heard from those Chinese bands are really great! I'm always interested in metal I don't know yet, doesn't matter where it comes from!

ok.....some of U.S. or europe didn't know anything about the asian metal.There are lot of big and brutal band,standing together with other band from other land........ok....like in indonesia,there are lot of metal band........and also in malaysia..actually....we have our own legend metal band.......like CROMOK,there are playing oldskool thrash metal since 80's!! and also our oldskool legendary death metal band;SILKHANNAZ!!!!!!SILKHANNAZ is already exists almost 19 years ago while malaysia scene in that day was full of heavy/rock band.........but now,we have many metal band but its just only to wait to appears to the world's scene............but like singapore,IMPIETY( black metal band from singapore) and DEMISOR(oldskool grindcore also come from the same place)is already make a big appearance in europe (i hope you all know it!!)..........ok....i hope you all will support our metal scene.....hail back!!!!!!

Originally posted by locutos
Metal from Asia huh? You've made me curious :)

are there any inlfuences by native asian music? I mean something similar to Black Metal and its scandinavian folk sound. Would be a nice mix, since I like that (for me) exotic music of asian countries :)

Some bands have combined their musics with some traditional stuffs, musically and lyrically, claimed as Eastern Metal...

M'sia is, by far the most tough country for any metal band exist in one peace. Our goverment suck... No this, no that, no bla, bla, bal...

Oh, one more thing some of the bands here are quite talented :D

By the way, anybody from M'sia who know any graphic design website, please inform me. I need to put some links in my site:

http://sindustries-inc.cjb.net

Originally posted by red_beef
Our goverment suck... No this, no that, no bla, bla, bal...

Oh, one more thing some of the bands here are quite talented :D

Although the govt really sucks, Malaysia have produce a lot of great metal bands.
Malaysia will always produce great bands forever...

yer...apa nak buat.......kalau bebudak poser tuh buat hal...kalau diorang tak pijak al quran, takde lah hal macam nih......panas hati gak aku bila tahu macam nih....sial......fuck to them!!bebudak poser macam nih patut mati jer!!!kill!!kill!!kill!! die!!die!!die!!!

Originally posted by goregoat
yer...apa nak buat.......kalau bebudak poser tuh buat hal...kalau diorang tak pijak al quran, takde lah hal macam nih......panas hati gak aku bila tahu macam nih....sial......fuck to them!!bebudak poser macam nih patut mati jer!!!kill!!kill!!kill!! die!!die!!die!!!

Apa nak buat. Tambahan pulak benda tu di sebelah Utara, tempat aku jadi kena bersabar. Yang tak best tu bila stuffs pun kena kacau. Berapa banyak cd yang dah sangkut kat KDN.

Terus terang aku kata, kes tu cuma propaganda!!! Aku betul2 tak percaya yang kes tu jadi. Mak bapak diorang yang tak ajar mengucap tapi bagitau pasal dengar lagu Black Metal pulak!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dah tahu M'sia punya polisi macam tu lagi nak tunjuk-tunjuk. Tak boleh fikir sendiri. Aku lagi best... seekor pun dak UG tak ade kat tempat aku...