Speaker Cable Recommendations

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
I've had a horrible amount of noise with my Yamaha HS80's which is why i've had a noise suppressor in the loop every since i've owned them. I know they are pretty renowned for interference but as time goes on the high frequency hiss is getting worse. Mainly on my left speaker....especially if I play a game or anything.

I've been using the stock cables to connect them to my interface since i've owned them which are the cheapest bits of shit you can buy so I was curious if getting a quality set of cables would be a wise idea (better shielding?)

If so please feel free to recommend some! :wave:

Tbh any half decent balanced jack/xlr cable should do the trick. Hell I'm using pretty cheap unbalanced instrument cables for mine as they're being fed from a Behringer Minimon800 (unbalanced) and I don't have any issues with noise.

Just ordered some cheap jack to jack Livewire cables....balanced however. The ones i've been using are like the ones you get with a guitar starter pack. XLR/Jack vs jack - jack shouldn't be an issue sound wise I wouldn't think?

Wish I had got some Planet Waves ones now! But meh as Trev said, it shouldn't make any difference as long as they be balanced! Hopefully some of this noise calms down when I swap them out.

Cheers lads!

Planet Waves been doing fine by me forever

I agree with this. I picked up some of the newer PW standard american guitar cables a year ago and they are still going strong. I had monsters but got really tired of taking them back to guitar center every month because of them crapping out on me. I would like to try lava but the price of admission is pretty steep. Planet Waves really hits the spot between price and quality nicely.

Wish I had got some Planet Waves ones now! But meh as Trev said, it shouldn't make any difference as long as they be balanced! Hopefully some of this noise calms down when I swap them out.

Cheers lads!

IT doesn't make any difference, as long as it is balanced. I am using cheap Hosa for my monitors and they are dead quiet minus the their own internal noise that I have since found out was a manufacture flaw/defect in a certain batch, kind of annoying when no sound is present but...for the most part the noisiest thing in my chain is my AD/DA conversion, can't really hear any cable noise.

Get balanced cables and be done with it.