Speaking of Utah shows.

Tarkus

I love run on sentences
Feb 11, 2002
Murray, Ut
Visit site
According to blabbermouth.net, Opeth and Lacuna coil will be playing at club X-scape on May 5. This is good news for metal fans in Zion.,

Oh hell yeah! I'm on this like stink on SHIT!!!!!

I will be keeping tabs on this and see what the situtation on tickets are the closer it gets to the show date.

This will be one killer ass show! It's been a long time since a good tour/bands have played in Salt Lake!

I think it's funny Mr. Toast... you'll be in town for BOTH the Maidens AND this? That's what I call a vaction!!!

\m/
Dustin

Mr Toast said:
I'll be picking up my ticket for this tommorow I think. Can't wait to see the Coil in the states!

We're getting our tickets this week! I think it's going to be a killer show!
You lucked out by being in Utah when this comes through town! Hell, I think it's pure luck that this tour is even coming through Utah!

\m/
Dustin

heres some inmportant news concerning the Opeth show coming to Utah. this is a cross post from Brucifer, taken from the Utah Metal mailing list:

This post is to inform everyone that shows will no longer be held at
club X-Scape. Some stuff happened with the owner and it got sold.
The new owner has decided to make it a strictly dance club. So from
now on all shows that were scheduled for X-Scape will be held at
either Bricks or The Junction until further notice.

This could be a serious problem on several accounts. 1.) the junction wouln't be serving alcahol and the owner is know to be flaky and unorganized. 2.) Bricks, is by far one of the worst venues I have even been to for club shows. I have been there three times and all three times it was not a very good expericance... the bands always get shoved on the outdoor stage and there isn't any good seating or standing areas to watch the band except the front row of the stage. Also there is no alchaol served where the band plays, so you have to fight your way downstairs to the"main" area of the bar, Not to mention you have to deal with the regulars there, which is an interesting experiance to say the least. 3.) this is more or less so that anyone 18 to 21 can see the show, unfortunatly, both clubs are substandard for what Opeth desreved in my opinion.

well... given the circumstance, I'd stand in a lake of fire to see Opeth!!!
So, I'll have to bite my lip and deal with it!

my 2 cents

\m/
Dustin

NP: Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life

Typical. Nice to know the more things change in Utah, the more they stay the same!

I finally heard an Opeth song today. Should be an awesome show, regardless of venue!
:D