Spec Me A Mic Pre

spl goldmike :) very basic, but very good espeically for its price. like 300 quid i think.

I've made good vocal tracks with the ART pro channel. $300 Probably their best product. Has a comp and parametric eq and plenty of gain. It will "colour" the fuck out of stuff. I use an AT4050 for vox. It's a real clean mic.

Gnash said:
I've made good vocal tracks with the ART pro channel. $300 Probably their best product. Has a comp and parametric eq and plenty of gain. It will "colour" the fuck out of stuff. I use an AT4050 for vox. It's a real clean mic.
we have one of those at school and it rockssssssssss

P.S. Recording is only my minor, so yes, I DO need college :lol:

RootBoundApollo said:
we have one of those at school and it rockssssssssss

P.S. Recording is only my minor, so yes, I DO need college :lol:

Way back when (five years ago), I went to college. My university had a reel to reel. I learned how to cut and splice just in time for fucking pro tools!:lol: Now they have a fuckin D command control, what ever the fuck it is, in the "lab", and an HD system is a tax write off for a student!:heh: Needless to say, I will be going back for a couple semesters, for an HD lesson.:heh:

The goldmike looks interesting, sound on sound seem to like it. Its only 260 quid at thomann. Would of preferred a mic pre with compression and eq mind. Guess i'd have to pay alot more though.

Familia><Publica said:
My college has studer reel to reels, 5 hd2 suites, 10 nuendo suites, 2 neve based commercial studios, so theeeeeere :heh:

holy shit
sounds awesome

wish i had that sort of stuff when i was at college

A college called Deep Blue sound, started out as a commercial studio and now its being funded to run as a college. The facilities have just gotten better and better over the years. I've only really mentioned half of the facilities they have.

Machinated said:
Nice, got a 32 Channel Neve V series desk here with moving automation, got to give it a try soon methinks!

your at surrey???

small world eh

i live in woking