Speed Of Light

Hmm, I have to say this song is more of a "grower" for me, to use your term, Jenna. I wouldn't have picked this for the single. But I think the album kicks ass!

I love Bruce's ending to this song, and think they should have opened the album with it, instead of "If Eternity Should Fail". My track pick at this stage is "The Red and the Black". Cool intro/outro and full of great riffing.

The guitar solos throughout the album are the most inspired, energetic, well crafted and exciting as they have been in a long time.

So true, Jenna! Right now my faves are "If Eternity Should Fail" and "Death or Glory." But, oddly, I like "Speed of Light" a whole lot more just listening to it rather than watching the video.

:hotjump: :headbang:

I didn't see this until today, but it's interesting how "If Eternity Should Fail" was actually written by Bruce for his new solo album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...-has-demoed-six-songs-for-solo-concept-album/

My first impression was that it seemed out of place, not so much even on a conscious level (lyrics not fitting) but just an instinct based more on the music. I've always found it fascinating how artists go about creating a concept album; it almost seems like thinking in reverse to me. I admire the ability to pull it off. Hilarious how Bruce just rolled with Harris about it.

I didn't see this until today, but it's interesting how "If Eternity Should Fail" was actually written by Bruce for his new solo album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ir...-has-demoed-six-songs-for-solo-concept-album/

My first impression was that it seemed out of place, not so much even on a conscious level (lyrics not fitting) but just an instinct based more on the music. I've always found it fascinating how artists go about creating a concept album; it almost seems like thinking in reverse to me. I admire the ability to pull it off. Hilarious how Bruce just rolled with Harris about it.

Interesting that, as that's exactly what my husband said about it. That it sounded more like a Bruce solo song.