Spiritual Beggars

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I'm totally loving these guys. Forget Arch Enema. Spiritual Beggars is easily Mike Amott's best project/band. This shit totally rawks! With the warm weather outside, and all the green grass and trees around me, this stuff totally fits the mood. Gawd I love spring and summer, so much better than winter.

I haven't given Mantra III and the s/t many listens, but Ad Astra and On Fire are great spring/summer music. My favorite song so far has got to be Until the Morning from Ad Astra, and Escaping the Fools rocks hard as well.

I don't even know what to call this stuff. It's sorta retro stoner groove metal. The keyboards give it a 70's vibe, and I'm diggin' on that.

I need to check out Mushroom River Band, because Spice rawks. And how can anyone not love JB from Grand Magus singing on On Fire.

Can't wait till Another Way to Shine shows up. Who else digs these guys?

oh, and I'm sure I've asked before, but there's no search function.

is Mushroom River Band as rockin' as SB?

awesome. the current weather is so perfect for this kinda music.

Amott needs to give up Arch ENemy and tour the states with SB. that would rule.

I need to check these dudes out, Ad Astra has been on the list for years goddammit.

I haven't given that one many spins, but I plan to. I've been stuck on Ad Astra, along with some Orange Goblin.

LIVE_FIRE!_DVD_cover.jpg

"Live Fire" dvd is released (here at least)

Tracklisting:

Live at The Mean Fiddler, London, April 10th 2003

1. Intro (excerpt from ‘Street Fighting Saviours’)
2. Beneath The Skin
3. Fool’s Gold
4. Monster Astronauts
5. Angel Of Betrayal
6. Young Man, Old Soul
7. Blind Mountain
8. Mantra
9. Wonderful World
10. Killing Time
11. Not Fragile
12. Euphoria

EXTRAS:
Slideshow, MonsterGroove ’03 (On-the-road movie),
Interviews with Michael Amott and JB,
Discography, History…

The DVD also comes with a folded poster.

yeah so i checked out Ad Astra awhile back. pretty boring stuff, except that KILLER first track.

gugs, upload Mushroom River Shitz for me would ya? ;)