Spock's Beard: Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SPOCK'S BEARD - Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep Release Date Confirmed

SPOCK'S BEARD will release their brand new and 11th studio album, Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep, on April 2nd via InsideOut Music.

The new studio album also marks the recording debut of long-time drummer Jimmy Keegan, and vocalist / guitarist Ted Leonard (ENCHANT, THOUGHT CHAMBER). It also sees the return of one familiar name to the song-writing credits, that of Neal Morse who has co-written two tracks after having left the band in 2002. Of the collaboration, bass-player Dave Meros says: "Al and Neal are brothers, of course, and keep in regular contact with each other. What happened was that Al spoke to Neal and told him he was working on some ideas. Neal said he'd love to help, so Al went down to Nashville, where his brother's now living, and they collaborated on the songs."

Co-produced by Al Morse, Rich Mouser and John Boegehold, Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep is described by Meros as, "quirky, edgy, and reminding us a little bit of older times in the band, but also taking us further forward."

p17kada7qha4u1vlb15a6j40gdp1.jpg

The tracklisting for Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep is as follows:

Disc One:
'Hiding Out'
'I Know Your Secret'
'A Treasure Abandoned'
'Submerged'
'Afterthoughts'
'Something Very Strange'
'Waiting For Me'

Disc Two (special edition only):
'The Man You’re Afraid You Are'
'Down A Burning Road'
'Wish I Were Here'
'Something Very Strange (Sanctified Remix)'

Limited edition bonus track:
'Postcards From Perdition'

Excerpts of five songs from the new album can be heard below:

From the e-mail newsletter:

The Limited Edition 2 Disc CD is now available to preorder at Spock's Beard.com. This version is only available through from the band and contains an extra bonus track and expanded booklet. Shipping is estimated to begin the middle of March.

Download Available Now! You can preview and download the entire limited edition album (same as the CD) and booklet now at Bandcmap.

If you don't already, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be getting this, I didn't know Ted is handling the lead vocals. I love all things Enchant. Does he appear on their other releases?

No. this is the debut of Ted singing with the Beard...

Sort of. There's a semi-official but widely available live album called Live at High Voltage Festival that features Leonard on vocals (as well as a guest appearance by Neal Morse).

All I can say is that it's about damn time! I've been dying to hear the direction Spock's Beard would take with Ted manning the mic, and based on the snippets provided here, it looks like it will not disappoint. Now I hope they'll take this act on the road!

Stay prog!
Albert

Favorite CD of the year so far. There's not one thing I can find fault in with this release. Solid from beginning to end. 'Submerged' has the potential to be hit if it ever received any mainstream play.