[SPOILER] Here's the Book of Souls tour setlist

It was a bit spoilerific of Maiden to just blast them out over all social media with no warning, I thought. I probably would have looked it up at some stage anyway, granted, but I would have liked the option.

I've decided that on their next tour I'll go to the very first show. It's the only way I can trust myself not to see the setlist.

That said, the setlist leaked before the show because there was a photo of Nicko showing off his drum kit and there was a setlist next to it.

You can't make it, Southy?

It's a shame that seeing a setlist this far out is a spoiler! I don't understand why they don't mix it up. I would if I was in a band to avoid boredom.

I think it's a great set-list! I would have liked to have Run to the Hills, just because it's my first time seeing them and from the videos I've watched before it looks like a real crowd pleaser, but I'm definitely not disappointed. Rime of the Ancient Mariner also would've been nice, but they've already got another 13 minute song on there so I won't beg or complain. I can't wait!

Looking at the set list again, would love a few more from the last 16 years, I know they are playing the new stuff, with old fan faves, but my 14 year old really identifies with the newer gear. Gonna be fucking awesome though

I was able to avoid the set list up until seeing them in Christchurch last night, fucking excellent gig. Bruce is on fire, probably the best I have heard him sound live in the 8 odd times I've seen them. The intro and opener were killer. Great set though I would just trade Tears of a Clown for something off DanceofDeath/AMatterof/FinalFrontier, but I guess thats a minor complaint! The only song I knew they were playing other than new stuff was Blood Brothers as it was all over their social media a few weeks back. Children of the Damned and Wasted Years went off.

Seeing them again in Melb!

Reactions: Burzum_Maiden
I was able to avoid the set list up until seeing them in Christchurch last night, fucking excellent gig. Bruce is on fire, probably the best I have heard him sound live in the 8 odd times I've seen them. The intro and opener were killer. Great set though I would just trade Tears of a Clown for something off DanceofDeath/AMatterof/FinalFrontier, but I guess thats a minor complaint! The only song I knew they were playing other than new stuff was Blood Brothers as it was all over their social media a few weeks back. Children of the Damned and Wasted Years went off.

Seeing them again in Melb!
I saw them in Christchurch too! Weird seeing Bruce with an All Blacks shirt on... Cool that he wore it for a bit anyway.

Oh, for Lord's sake, is that really the setlist? What the everloving crap is with all the songs from Book of Souls? Earth to Maiden, the album wasn't good enough to warrant that many selections from it in a live setting. Also, remind me to track down and viciously murder the jackoff who keeps putting Children of The Damned on there.

Because they're touring in support of it. There are some songs they could've done without, maybe Death or Glory and Tears of a Clown, but it's a great setlist. If you don't believe me see them live. You'll change your mind.

Touring in support of an album does not mean all but turning your setlist into a front to back performance of it. And that's even with a good album. Book of Souls was not some magnum opus, it was meh and a marginal return to form. That's 5 songs on the selist from it though. Plus the dreadful clunker that is Children of The Damned. People do not want these songs, they want Maiden at their utmost best. At least Dave Mustaine understands that people want to hear the best stuff, not some random junk from United Abominations.

I completely disagree. It's just your opinion remember, I like Book of Souls and Children of the Damned is an amazing song, or so I think. They haven't loaded the setlist full of songs from the new album; it looks like they have, but seriously, if you see them live it's a different feeling.

I know it's my opinion. I like Book of Souls too, but it just wasn't that amazing. Children of The Damned is borderline filler, and a travesty compared to, say, Run To The Hills which is inexplicably not even on this setlist. With how long those songs are? And there's five of them on a 15 song setlist? Why not fill it with songs that aren't just decent (and in some cases terrible), like Deja Vu or 2 Minutes To Midnight?