Squeaky Chair!

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
When I listen to some of the clean parts on Opeth songs, like earlier ones around Still Life and maybe MAYH.... I hear what sounds like a squeaky chair, as if they were playing and got uncomfortable so they re-adjusted their butt in the seat and the chair squeaked... At first I thought it couldn't be a chair squeak, because there are no chairs in the vocal hut... but then I was liek wtf! Mike doesn't record guitar while he sings, he sits on a chair or something and records into the machine... and then I was like... :loco: ...someone must have squeaked in their chair, no?

P.S. If people choose to bomb this thread with spam like all the other ones, I will report you to Moonlapse and possible MetalAges - he hates trolls. It has to stop.

I have a feeling nobody really gives a shit about squeaking chairs...I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd much rather compare Opeth to snack foods and frosty beverages

AYE
Pirate%20show%20sword.jpeg

On 'The Twilight...' the first mellow bit has a little squeak to it where they almost fucked it up

taken from an interview ---- "yes my pet mouse blargfurt actually accompanied me on more than a few recording sessions. He wasn't always a quiet little fucker either! I would think Peter was going to break his neck many times! I feel blargfurt helps calm my nerves, but the little cocksucker is always stealing tic-tacs from my man-purse! I'm Jesus."

Jeez, spammers and trolls again.. There was probably one post worth keeping out of that? Grow up, you dumbfucks... they're going to ban the trolls, especially in the Opeth forum where people are really getting tired of the nonsense.. Just leave if you have to be such fags...

^yeah i'm pretty sure he's serious, i was convinced it was a joke account at first but evidently not

oh and oinkness, let me answer the question and we can let this thread die: what you're hearing are mikael's/peter's fretting-hand fingers squeaking on the strings.

AYE

edit: @synergy: :lol:

Oinkness said:
When I listen to some of the clean parts on Opeth songs, like earlier ones around Still Life and maybe MAYH.... I hear what sounds like a squeaky chair, as if they were playing and got uncomfortable so they re-adjusted their butt in the seat and the chair squeaked... At first I thought it couldn't be a chair squeak, because there are no chairs in the vocal hut... but then I was liek wtf! Mike doesn't record guitar while he sings, he sits on a chair or something and records into the machine... and then I was like... :loco: ...someone must have squeaked in their chair, no?

P.S. If people choose to bomb this thread with spam like all the other ones, I will report you to Moonlapse and possible MetalAges - he hates trolls. It has to stop.

Without fail, every single one of your posts is utterly, utterly retarded. Really. Report away, but just know that everyone on this forum is convinced you have Down's Syndrome. die.

Where did you get that interview, Synergy?

Try to post it on the Opeth Interviews, please.

:lol:

synergy said:
taken from an interview ---- "yes my pet mouse blargfurt actually accompanied me on more than a few recording sessions. He wasn't always a quiet little fucker either! I would think Peter was going to break his neck many times! I feel blargfurt helps calm my nerves, but the little cocksucker is always stealing tic-tacs from my man-purse! I'm Jesus."