Stageworks non-slip pedal mat (for kick drums pedals, pedalboards, ...)

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
Hi,

anybody tried these Stageworks non-slip pedal mats ? :

http://www.stageworksgear.com/products/non-slip-pedal-mats-guitar-keyboard-drum-effect.htm

I have a Roland TD-4K e-drumkit in my room (hardwood floor), and whenever i hit the kick pedal (or the hihat pedal for that matter), the kick pedal and the kick pad keep getting pushed further away. Right now i put them on top of a folded (approx. 5 layers instead of one) bathroom carpet (mat ?) (note : they have their own separate carpets so far : one for the kick pedal+kick front, and one for the kick rear part) so that they don't sit directly on my hardwood and don't damage it.

I know the best solution is to have an entire carpet/rug/mat on which the entire drumkit sits, including the drum throne, so that everything stays in place when i hit the pedals, but i'm lacking space in my room and i'd like to give those non-slip pedal mats a try.

Some feedback about those would be cool !

I've got them, they do seem to help, particularly with the hi-hat. But I've got my kit on a plywood platform with a wooden block in front of the kick so I don't really have an issue with the rest of the kit.

Thanks Trevoire !

I'm curious about the wooden block thing now... Did you put it with the sole purpose of blocking the kick drum ? I thought about putting something to block the kick drum (well... e-kit kick pad rear part in my case) as well but i was afraid i might damage the kick drum in the long term (since it's crushing/kicking it against something really hard)...
Maybe i'm way too cautious or something ?

Yeah, can't remember how it came to me but it was as easy as screwing a strip of 2x4 the width of the kick onto the ply. Not sure how it would work with an e-kit as you won't have the same mass as a actual kick drum, but it's been absolutely rock solid for me.

I got the Stageworks drum mats the other day and they definitely work. No slippage so far. I also bought a Pearl KCP 5 drum mat, which has a built-in kick drum block. Gonna put that soon.

Also had the first complain from my neighbour tonight (the kick pedal stomping was driving him crazy... CLASSIC) ... Time to start building that DIY tennis-ball iso platform i guess :)