STAIND Singer AARON LEWIS Picks Songs That Define Band And Solo Career

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis was asked by Audio Ink Radio to name the one song that defines both the band as well as his solo career as a country artist. Lewis said, "For STAIND, 'It's Been Awhile', and for my solo work, 'Country Boy'. 'It's Been Awhile' was the No. 1 most-played rock song of the decade, so that's why it would sum up that project. 'Country Boy' has over 21 million views on YouTube. Those two songs I will have to play for the rest of my life."STAIND is playing just a handful of shows this year, with Lewis devoting much of 2014 to solo shows.The last STAIND album, a self-titled effort, came out in 2011. The band does not yet have plans to enter the studio.Guitarist Mike Mushok told the Midland Daily News back in May about the band's future, "It's got to be something that Aaron wants to do. I always enjoy writing with [Aaron] and I look forward to it. We complement each other. He makes what I do better."Mushok has composed music for ESPN and some documentaries while also touring in NEWSTED, the band recently launched by ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted.

More...