STAIND, SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED, GODSMACK, ROB ZOMBIE To Perform At This Year's LOUDER THAN...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Massachusetts-based rockers STAIND will perform at this year's Louder Than Life festival, set to take place September 27-29 at the event's new home at Louisville's Highly Festival Grounds at the KY Expo Center. Also scheduled to appear are SLIPKNOT, DISTURBED, GODSMACK, ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON, BREAKING BENJAMIN, CHEVELLE, HALESTORM and many more. "We wouldn't be living up to the name Louder Than Life if we didn't come back bigger and badder than ever, giving fans something they can't see anywhere else," says festival producer Danny Wimmer. "Getting STAIND back together and plugged in on the main stage is something that I've been working on for years. These are songs that need to be heard, that fans have been dying to hear — STAIND has been one of the most requested bands on our socials, and it's an honor to be bringing their music back for the fans at Louder Than Life." Wimmer continues: "SLIPKNOT has always had some of the most loyal, rabid fans in rock, but now they are at that pivotal moment when they’ve crossed over into iconic status; DISTURBED has had their best touring numbers to date this year; then top it off with one of the biggest rock bands of all time in GUNS N' ROSES… this year is our most massive lineup yet." STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis says: "I love everything about being a country artist, but it's going to feel great to get heavy with STAIND." Guitarist Mike Mushok adds: "I'm really excited to get back to work with the band we started 25 years ago. This is the 20th anniversary of our first major label debut, 'Dysfunction', and I'm excited to see what the future holds. Can't wait to get out there and play these songs again and connect with our awesome fans that have allowed us to do what we love... create and play music." The last time STAIND performed was back in August 2017 at the "Aaron Lewis And Friends" benefit concert in Northampton, Massachusetts. The event saw three of the band's original members — Lewis, Mushok and bassist Johnny April — playing a three-song acoustic finale with current drummer Sal Giancarelli. It marked STAIND's first live appearance in three years. Prior to the the "Aaron Lewis And Friends" concert, Mushok told iRockRadio that he "definitely" wanted to make new music with STAIND. He also confirmed that STAIND doesn't have a record label at the moment. Mushok said: "I don't think it's necessary for us to do a 10-song record. It's just so much work to get a good record done. [And albums] don't sell at all. You get the same bang for the buck if you put out one or three [songs], or whatever it is — as long as it's great." Lewis will release his third full-length country album, "State I'm In", on April 12 via Big Machine imprint Valory Music. Mushok and ex-THREE DAYS GRACE vocalist Adam Gontier unveiled SAINT ASONIA in early 2015, releasing a self-titled debut album and scoring a Top 10 rock single with "Better Place". SAINT ASONIA's second full-length effort is due later this year via Spinefarm Records. Louder Than Life 2019 festival billing: Friday, September 27 SLIPKNOT STAIND A DAY TO REMEMBER CHEVELLE I PREVAIL ARCHITECTS BEARTOOTH MOTIONLESS IN WHITE PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS GWAR THE CRYSTAL METHOD GRAVEYARD FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES NEW YEARS DAY ALL THEM WITCHES CROWN LANDS JOYOUS WOLF DEAD POSEY SANTA CRUZ Saturday, September 28 GUNS N' ROSES GODSMACK ICE CUBE HALESTORM DROPKICK MURPHYS STONE TEMPLE PILOTS SUICIDAL TENDENCIES MELVINS ANDREW W.K. BADFLOWER KNOCKED LOOSE ANTI-FLAG REDD KROSS PARLOR MOB LIKE A STORM JELLY ROLL DIRTY HONEY DED JUNKBUNNY Sunday, September 29 DISTURBED ROB ZOMBIE MARILYN MANSON BREAKING BENJAMIN DIE ANTWOORD THREE DAYS GRACE SUM 41 DEADLAND RITUAL WHITE REAPER DEMON HUNTER HO99O9 ANGEL DU$T SICK PUPPIES AMIGO THE DEVIL FIRE FROM THE GODS BROKEN HANDS ANEMIC ROYALTY
louderthanlife2019bottom_638.jpg

Continue reading...