Stairway to Heaven

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
okay just set aside personal opinion for a second because this isn't my #1 OF ALL TIME SONG either, BUT, as far as a truly crafted song it really doesn't get better than this.

i mean you have the following:
a) catchy/thoughtful intro
b) crazy/wild guitar solo
c) introspective/faggy lyrics
d) nice crescendo type buildup/climax
e) acoustic type ending
f) high pitched vocal hysterics at the end
g) ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK

what else do you need? discuss.

You know I haven't really been overexposed to this song as some of you older people might have been so ya I think it kicks a fair amount of ass quite simply

Erik said:
You know I haven't really been overexposed to this song as some of you older people might have been so ya I think it kicks a fair amount of ass quite simply
honestly, i've been saying this for 15 years now, if not longer. i mean yeah, i could name 10 to 20 other Zep songs i like better, but when it comes to a fully crafted masterpiece of a song, Stairway is hard to beat.

and Møøse, i love you.

It's great. And the last half is better than the first. It's that goddamn intro that kills it for most because it's the FIRST FUCKING GUITAR RIFF EVERYONE LEARNS.

Well, that and Smoke on the Water.

first song i ever learned:

Dawn Patrol by Megadeth

YES I'M THAT FUCKING METAL. :kickass: :queer:

Chromatose said:
I prefer no quarter or ten years gone, but yeah it's in the top bunch

No Quarter = :kickass: I think I'll get out my best of and jam to that tonight.

Great song! One of the ones (along with Tool's "Sober") that started moving me away from shitty pop music and towards non-shitty pop music :loco: