Starbucks says "You... you think you're better than me? HUH!?!"

Gevalia is very nice, it's just about on par with Starbucks really, sometimes better sometimes not.

Typical American coffee is Folgers, Yuban, Maxwell House, and others. It is SHIT, generally with a flavor somewhere between dust and 2 day old cat's ass dingleberry.

Erik said:
I wonder if it's True Swedish Gevalia® or some watered-down Americanized version. :p

Gevalia is nowadays incorporated in a huge global food company callled Altria run by Phillp Morris :Spin:
On the other hand, it's not very tasty so screw them; go Zoegas I say (keeps fingers crossed for them not also having been swallowed by Altria)

One Inch Man said:
Gevalia is very nice, it's just about on par with Starbucks really, sometimes better sometimes not.

Typical American coffee is Folgers, Yuban, Maxwell House, and others. It is SHIT, generally with a flavor somewhere between dust and 2 day old cat's ass dingleberry.

I think this is shifting.

Like it or not, Starbucks is becoming "American" coffee. It's enormous. The company itself is enormous, and they're only getting bigger. Sure, they'll never replace the truck stop/diner-type place's coffee, but they're already becoming the main coffee that's available in airports, hotels, etc. Think about it.

Erik said:
Yeah, Zoegas or Nordström Classic is the way to go but I'd rather have a cup o' home-brew Gevalia than any cruddy Starbucks shite.

Not that I've ever tasted Starbucks coffee, and will likely will never do so unless they invade Sweden; but hell yeah ;)

I dont know whats more pathetic: that people actually care about the architecture of a coffee shop or that people still drink this overpriced crap

:lol: Jerry go get some coffee there, photo document it, then post it in the photo thread

It only has a drive-through, a walk-up window, and a few outdoor seats?

That sounds a million times better than suffocating in this.
seattle_12.jpg

Agreed.
What's the appeal of actually going to a Starbucks?
If I want Starbucks I buy a huge bag of it at Costco for $15 and make it in my own house on my 10 year old Cuisinart coffee maker and enjoy a cup while sitting around in my pajamas