State of Salazar - All The Way

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Something a little lighter for all the AOR fans out there now. This band has a very cool sound going on. I hear hints of classic Boston and even a touch of Kansas prog in the keyboard arrangements. I can hear some Foreigner as well as the more modern and obvious Work of Art sound. Then again you can also hear westcoast lite in the sound too as the guitars are not too heavy at all. The singer's voice however is superb. This guy is a real find IMO. Either way this album is sure to please any fan of classic smooth as silk AOR from the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love both but WoA is a little more over the top swooning AOR to me. If anything it's the SoS that is a touch sterile as they don't pick up the pace much. All good anyway. The Seven, SoS and the WoA make a very nice AOR triple whammy. Oh yeah I forgot the Brother Firetribe. Quadruple whammy! Notice..HEAT fans..Their album is good but doesn't quite make it a quinfecta or whatever it's called!

This album has staying power - I still listen to it on regular basis. The melodies are great and not as formulaic as a lot of other Euro AOR stuff. I really like how the keyboards are used. Singer is really great. The only odd thing about this is the band name haha :) Thanks Pirage for another winning recommendation!